Author Topic: Running costs  (Read 13395 times)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: Running costs
« Reply #70 on: 09 January 2019, 11:17 »
Save your money buying 19s and get the standard Parkers. Then buy yourself some lightweight 18s which are a much better option than 19s and tyres are cheaper too.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
« Reply #71 on: 09 January 2019, 11:19 »
Save your money buying 19s and get the standard Parkers. Then buy yourself some lightweight 18s which are a much better option than 19s and tyres are cheaper too.

Nein! I’d rather shatter my spine than have to look at those abomination of a wheel!
Golf GTi Performance Edition (2019), 5dr, DSG in Isaac Blue, Dynaudio & Brescia alloys.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #72 on: 09 January 2019, 11:49 »

That’s exactly what I’d do; and the replacements wouldn’t be diamond cut either.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #73 on: 09 January 2019, 13:04 »

Nein! I’d rather shatter my spine than have to look at those abomination of a wheel!
If you want style over functionality then knock yourself out  :whistle: :whistle:
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
« Reply #74 on: 09 January 2019, 13:08 »

If you want style over functionality then knock yourself out  :whistle: :whistle:

Black wheels on a car just remind me of 20 year old pimped up Golf’s that you see in the rough areas of town, complete with lowered suspension. I’d rather have the Brescias. I’d probably even take Parkers over Sevilla. I think I’m going to stick with the 19s and possibly go with DCC.
Golf GTi Performance Edition (2019), 5dr, DSG in Isaac Blue, Dynaudio & Brescia alloys.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #75 on: 09 January 2019, 13:28 »
18's mate. With the state of the roads these days I'd avoid 19's just because they will buckle - DCC or no DCC.

But 18 Parkers... 🤮🤮🤮

There is that of course and I am in agreement on that!

I'm the dirty boy running a GTD, so lovely Cadiz for me :D

Seriously, I'd avoid 19's - isn't there another 18 option for GTI's? My next Golf will be a GTI...

Nope. It’s Parkers or a choice of 3 19s. I don’t know why they changed the standard 18s on the mk7, I actually quite liked those even though the style was similar.

No, 18" Parkers are std and then there are the hideous 18" Sevilles (look great on the GTD but sh*te in graphite with red stripe) or 19s are Brescia or Santiago.

Parkers are just an evolution of the Austin and definitely the most GTI type wheel they offer.

:smiley:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Yusee

• I live here
« Reply #76 on: 09 January 2019, 14:23 »
Surprises me that pakers so disliked. Look pretty good to me. Easy to clean too
2018 Golf GTI Performance  5dr manual, Isaac blue
1988 Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9, 2022 Triumph Street Triple R, 2016 Seat Alhambra.

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
« Reply #77 on: 09 January 2019, 14:24 »
They look ok close up when you can see the black parts but from a distance of over 3-4 meters they just look like the sort of thing you’d expect to see on the Golf S. the Austin’s looked better imo.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #78 on: 09 January 2019, 14:39 »
I really like the look of the Brescias and they’re not bad value as an option.
There’s not *that* much difference in ride quality between 18’s and 19’s on standard suspension. I’ve run a PP GTI, R and Clubsport on 18’s then 19’s and the difference isn’t huge unless you have back issues or are the type of person that should really be driving an SUV not a sports hatch. I’m quite fussy about ride quality and have had no complaints really. I find both the PP and Clubsport can be a bit wallowy on initial turn in on certain bends but the trade off is a decent ride as hottish hatches go. The R seemed to turn in a bit better but was less sharp once in the corner and coming out of it.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #79 on: 09 January 2019, 14:50 »
They look ok close up when you can see the black parts but from a distance of over 3-4 meters they just look like the sort of thing you’d expect to see on the Golf S. the Austin’s looked better imo.

Can't say I've ever thought that to be honest.  :huh:

I'm not fussed about of the upgraded wheels, other than Prets which you can't option on the GTI.

Get the Parkers, then get some of these with the money saved, like a Pret but lighter and better:

https://www.rimstyle.com/alloywheels/wheel/borbet_ff1_forged_gmpo

:cool:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey