Author Topic: Paint on wing to a-pillar edge + door post  (Read 19683 times)

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
Snoops:
Some pictures for you as promised!

Boot Hook 1.

Boot Hook 2.

Inside Door/Wing Interface.

'A' Pillar

Mine is exactly the same as this.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
A few more i noticed   :cry:

Im really questioning if the paint on mine is really right  :sad: or substandard  :cry:

The problem is i still have not been able to get time off work!!!!  :angry:
As i had to use a weeks worth of this years holiday entitlement last year to try and sort the car order/delivery mess out back then, and we are so busy and run off our feet at work at the moment.

Times getting on and i have to work out if this is normal or not.  :undecided: :cry:
« Last Edit: 01 August 2010, 20:46 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline mike.

• I live here
 Mine looks the same. why would you want to paint in there anyway?
Mk6 GTI 3dr | DSG | Tornado Red | 18" Monza 2 | LED Xenons | RNS510 | Bluetooth | Smoked LED tails | Cruise | Reversing Camera | TPMS | - now sold :(

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
Just checked mine. Seems quite well covered. However, the paint thickness is extremely thin in places and can be scratched off quite easily.
I've seen some metallic coloured cars where the covering is not as good as mine.
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
Mine looks the same. why would you want to paint in there anyway?
Mike what colour is your car ?
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 

Offline mike.

• I live here
It's Red, took some pics for you..  :smiley:

Looks exactly the same, probably painted by the same robot. :laugh:

Mk6 GTI 3dr | DSG | Tornado Red | 18" Monza 2 | LED Xenons | RNS510 | Bluetooth | Smoked LED tails | Cruise | Reversing Camera | TPMS | - now sold :(

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
Thank you, :smiley:
Mine does seem to really shows up alot in real life more than the photos because of the undercoat light colour compared to the dark blue.
The first photo i posted It was that first bolt of the wing that my eye court when checking the oil this morning then the inner wing and bonnet strut mount as theres little blue round it.  Yours does look similar a little pinkish were mines whitish.

Thank you for taking the time to take the photos its much apreciated.
Geoff.
« Last Edit: 01 August 2010, 18:01 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 

Offline Hartside

• I live here
The area behind the coolant bottle and battery box seem better covered on mine, with even a decent gloss lacquer finish on them. Bottom box section looks exactly the same:

Sorry, but it's hard to see with the Carbon Grey colour, but the top half looks better.
Carbon Grey 5dr GTI

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
Snoops: I have checked inside my engine compartment very carefully and apart from the inside of the front wings, all painted surfaces are perfectly covered with 'glossy' bright red paint. No 'pink' bits. Better than mikeT.'s car also. Sorry mikeT..
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
Hartside
Thank you for taking the time to take the photos it is very much apreciated. :smiley:
Geoff
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI