Author Topic: vr6 starting problems  (Read 1149 times)

Offline golfnutz

• Not said much yet
  • fu's yer du's
vr6 starting problems
« on: 18 January 2005, 16:24 »
hi i have a 92 golf vr6   it starts fine when cold but as soon as it warms up it wont entertain you  just turns and wont fire    any suggestions

Offline marcogolfo

• I live here
  • Freelance Web Design, Logo Design etc email me
Re: vr6 starting problems
« Reply #1 on: 20 January 2005, 18:45 »
could be lots of things, air filter clogged?

Offline golfnutz

• Not said much yet
  • fu's yer du's
« Reply #2 on: 20 January 2005, 21:38 »
hi its just had anew filter and all looks clear   someone suggested changing the plugs or maybe the coils does this sound right to anyone???

laserblaster

« Reply #3 on: 21 January 2005, 00:59 »
what you will have to see is when its warm and wont start..... see if your getting a spark when its turning over! pull one of the leads off put in a working old plug and when its being cranked hold it close and or on to the inlet manifold and you should see a spark!

if there is no spark it may be either the coil pack or the hall sender!

either way get the fault codes read because if somethings wrong it will be easy to find the cause!

if you do get a spark check  the fuel pump! may be a relay not working once hot!

but either way its either an ignition problem or a fuel problem! and will be easy to sort out!

Offline audiquattro

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 21 January 2005, 13:07 »
I reckon you should look at the temp sender in the thermostat housing, try unplugging them.

Offline golfnutz

• Not said much yet
  • fu's yer du's
« Reply #5 on: 29 January 2005, 13:42 »
things are worse than ever now ?with it not even starting now the starter dounds different ? maybe just me mind playin tricks ?ive changed the battery now and still not throwing it round right ? ?oh if only everything was a reliable as a volkswagon ? any help appreciated