Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 287551 times)

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #2180 on: 10 April 2011, 10:47 »
Like i said when Heidfeild was decided on, HE IS TERRIBLE AT QUALIFYING!!!!!

He's definitely not the right person to be in the seat at Renault.

O really,  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It's been confirmed Red Bull have a KERS different to everyone else, and it only works at the start line.

or not at all  :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #2181 on: 10 April 2011, 10:55 »
Cracking race. Great drive from Jenson, awesome flying skills from Petrov and overtake of the day by Webber on the outside of Turn 1.

Nick

Offline Devilz

• I live here
  • Cruisin is not a crime
« Reply #2182 on: 10 April 2011, 10:58 »
very good race, jenson was quite good compared to his cry baby team mate  :smug:

Offline The Mighty Elvi

• I live here
  • I'm better than you today.
« Reply #2183 on: 10 April 2011, 11:38 »
Damn you Williams!  Second race in a row - fecked up my Fantasy F1 team!

That Kobiashi fella, he's a joy to watch.

Offline Winso

• Here all the time
« Reply #2184 on: 10 April 2011, 11:43 »
Hell yeah!

Good race though, well better than Oz anyway.

Offline smitty12

• I live here
  • R32
« Reply #2185 on: 10 April 2011, 12:36 »
Was a good race, i still think Heidfield isnt getting the best out of the Renault thou!!!

The start was great!

Disapointing for Hamilton mind  :sad: but good on Jenson Button finally showing he can be a front runner again!

Mk7 Golf GTI Clubsport S Tornado Red - on the way!
Mk4 Golf R32 Grey Anthracite Pearl Effect
Mk4 Golf GTI 2.slow Yellow Colour Concept

Offline bored_Welsh_lad

• I live here
« Reply #2186 on: 10 April 2011, 13:07 »
very good race, jenson was quite good compared to his cry baby team mate  :smug:

I think that Lewis is far from a "cry baby"..He bust a gut to get that car on the front row, fought like hell to hold onto his spot and as he said in his interview later on, they boxed too earlier, the team pretty much got it wrong for Lewis and it worked out well for Jenson. I Know you cant help when you have a sticky wheelnut etc but generally the tyres were going off far too quick for what the team had planned.

Poor show from Mclaren and lucky to have Jenson sitting as 2nd..They could easily have had 1-2 if they had planned well...
Mk3 Golf Gti:Full Milltek system and Decat,K&N filter,mk2 Cam,-1.5 degree camber shims, borbet a's, toyo proxies,hot tuning coils, brembo vented discs, greenstuff pads...Soon to have Eaton Power

mk3 16v 5dr Gti,mintex extreme pads,drilled/grooved discs,lowered,cat back powerflow system,omp panel filter with modified airbox,debadged grill, started prep for spraying, lots to come :D

Bumper Vents :D

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #2187 on: 10 April 2011, 13:12 »
Great race, my heart was racing most of it. Lots going on in the pitlane. I think the Pirelli tyres has brought in lots of excitement, however I do have one concern. There seems to be a lot of discarded rubber off the racing line and I'm pretty sure a lot of drivers are holding back in a lot of places to avoid going on the marbles. From the TV it doesn't look as bad, and until you've actually raced and got on the dirty line you really don't know how much grip you lose. Back in November when I raced in Brazil a few times I was forced on the dirty side and it's like driving in the wet with slicks, lots of understeering and oversteering. The worse thing though is that for the next half a lap you have limited grip as the tyres still haven't cleaned up. I'm very sure that if the dirty part of the track wasn't as bad as it is with the Pirelli we would see a lot more overtakes in a lot of corners.

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #2188 on: 10 April 2011, 13:38 »
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/90614

Very unfair if you ask me  :undecided: Why can't racing be racing like the old days, it's becoming artificial now  :rolleyes:

Offline Devilz

• I live here
  • Cruisin is not a crime
« Reply #2189 on: 10 April 2011, 13:51 »
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/90614

Very unfair if you ask me  :undecided: Why can't racing be racing like the old days, it's becoming artificial now  :rolleyes:

Hamilton fault as he moved his car twice to defend. Rules say you can defend/block only once buy good news Alonso retains his 6th position