Author Topic: drive the deal expectations  (Read 9781 times)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
Re: drive the deal expectations
« Reply #60 on: 06 March 2020, 10:57 »
As Chris just said. Service packs cover time and distance service regimes only. You will not get 2 long life services (effectively 2 major services) on the £199 pack. You'll get a minor one at 1 year old and a major one at 2 years old.

VW put oil suitable for long life servicing (always fully synthetic) from the factory and it's set to long life by default. During PDI, if you've bought a service pack, they should set it to time and distance.

If your car was set to long life and you decide after delivery to buy a service pack, book the car in at 1 year old/10k miles and they'll do the 1st (minor) service and change your servicing regime on the car to time and distance.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline mistac

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #61 on: 17 March 2020, 11:13 »
Well I got it. Other than getting a tiny bit more petrol and an extra week or two  of tax, That was it. It had 79 miles on the clock which I was suspected from the We Connect app. I wasn’t best pleased about that and did tell them that but got nowhere! However I’ve been feeling pretty crappy the last few days  (not coronavirus) and in the current climate I just wanted to get the car and come home! Pics to follow later
Of course had a small chip from a stone hit the windscreen on way home - fortunately very small surface type mark and very low on screen near wiper park
« Last Edit: 17 March 2020, 16:07 by mistac »
GTI 7.5 Performance 5dr DSG Tornado Red - completely standard spec as - it comes out of the tin as they say

Offline Yusee

• I live here
« Reply #62 on: 18 March 2020, 09:28 »
I would've done the same- I wouldn't be happy about 79 miles on the clock but it wouldn't be  reason not to accept the car. What explanation did they give?
2018 Golf GTI Performance  5dr manual, Isaac blue
1988 Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9, 2022 Triumph Street Triple R, 2016 Seat Alhambra.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #63 on: 18 March 2020, 10:29 »
Last night, having just emerged from the north side of the Tyne Tunnel (new job, new commute), there was a brand new A4 still with all its white covers on being driven from Tyne dock to (presumably) the Looker depot for new Audis at Tyne Tunnel Industrial Estate. It was being driven hard up the Howdon road, which is a steep hill up to the destination less than 2 miles away. Brand new off the boat car being thrashed with a cold engine, up a steep hill for 2 miles.

Must happen all the time to all marques.

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #64 on: 18 March 2020, 11:50 »
I’ve heard from various sources that the business of bodywork repairs on cars, between the docks and the dealers, is very well organised and quite busy. Surprised that your dealer did not use the mileage reset option but, as said in the post on delivery miles, that is limited, so was possibly not available. I’d say forget it all and enjoy the car - they’re all only new for a very brief time anyway, so best to get it christened early and move on!
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #65 on: 18 March 2020, 15:04 »
I’ve heard from various sources that the business of bodywork repairs on cars, between the docks and the dealers, is very well organised and quite busy.

I only found out 3 years into ownership that at least one of  the Pretorias on my R that I bought new from an order I made had in fact been repaired before I got the car!

The wife scraped the wheel avoiding a bus that swung out of a side street ahead of her in slow moving traffic. The refurb guy showed me the cross section on paint with 5 layer- original primer, original blue steel colour, original lacquer, replacement blue steel and replacement lacquer.

Offline mistac

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #66 on: 18 March 2020, 20:38 »
I would've done the same- I wouldn't be happy about 79 miles on the clock but it wouldn't be  reason not to accept the car. What explanation did they give?

he said that some of the cars they get do have a larger mileage on than others - he said some of them just get tested (whatever that means?) more than others and also said it has happened on some of their other cars from time to time?
GTI 7.5 Performance 5dr DSG Tornado Red - completely standard spec as - it comes out of the tin as they say

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #67 on: 19 March 2020, 12:47 »

he said that some of the cars they get do have a larger mileage on than others - he said some of them just get tested (whatever that means?) more than others and also said it has happened on some of their other cars from time to time?

Congrats on the car mistac, looks great in the photos  :cool:

I wonder if it’s to do with broadspeed cars coming in through the fleet department meaning you get far less fripperies and mileages not being zeroed before handover.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner