Author Topic: what can i expect to beat? (remap)  (Read 4524 times)

Offline RTechUK

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • R-TECH OFFICE 01455 617233
Re: what can i expect to beat? (remap)
« Reply #50 on: 17 September 2008, 00:55 »
The Astra Red top will be a C20XE 2.0 16v 150bhp, I brilliant engine they make shed loads of avg torque across the whole rev range. I have one running 300bhp+ with a nice T3 turbo bolted to it with 4x4 transmission is a Calibra :grin:

Standard 150bhp mapping on a AGU is too "bland"  to keep up the the C20XE engine which will offer the power lower down in the rev range, so with every gear change the Astra will pull away from your AGU.  But come Sunday all being well you will be flicking stones up in to his path behind you watching his car get smaller and smaller each time you change gear.

Saying that my old 1992 Calibra SE2 2.0 16 non turbo with an old R-tech stage2 chip running 168bhp, beat a Bentley Continental on a Toll road 6am one morning 3 years back upto 160mph I beat him..... only because he had an 155mph speed limiter.. :grin: you should have seen the guys face I was pis***g  laughing my head off once I had realised what had gone on with his car.

Drunk Nick!

R-Tech Customer Feedback / Reviews
http://r-techpower.co.uk/r-tech-feedback.php
VW AUDI SEAT SKODA 1.8T-1.9TDi -2.0TFSI  Tuners

01455 617233
http://sticky-vnt.co.uk Midlands

Offline redevo1

• Here all the time
  • golt gti 1.8t AGU
« Reply #51 on: 17 September 2008, 12:17 »
you better be right rich.... major downer if it doesnt!

If your cars only getting a re map etc you be even stevens to be honnest as a MK2 gte16v are very quick. Had one years ago they work out at about 156bhp/per/ton which is the same as a golf gti running 195 bhp?
 Mk2 gte 16v brilliant cars if set up well but rust is a nightmare
God I've got a golf I'm getting old!Full Recaro leather with arse waming seats, the reason for buying a Golf!Spec: R tech remap:Eibach Fr+Rr ARB:Powerflex ARB bushes:Forge BOF DV:Silicone TIP:Induction kit:Jamex suspension:312mm big brake setup: EBC pads F+R:Vr6/g60 clutch:5mm-fr+15mm-rr spacers: Anni front & rear Valances & Anni rear roof spoiler: Silicone hose boost/Breather kit.

Offline golfgtidan

• I live here
« Reply #52 on: 17 September 2008, 18:50 »

Im sure we will hear all about it on sunday  :laugh:

indeed!! watch this space lol  :laugh:

hoping my magic snorkel (carbonio) and my re-circ valve will make that little extra bit of difference, took my forge splitter valve off today....

What valve have you got now then 007p?

i dunno lol!!! it says forge on it and is a re-circ valve lol  :laugh:

Fast Road Closed Loop Diverter Valve??!?
« Last Edit: 17 September 2008, 18:57 by golfgtidan »

1999 1.8t : Winter Pack : Kamei Mesh Grille : Forge 007p D/V : Carbonio Cold Air Intake : R-tech remap : 18" Toora Alloys : -30mm Eibach Springs : Smoked Side Repeaters : Hella Magic Colours Rear Lights : Hella Black Headlights : "hid" Headlight Conversion : Aero Blades Front & Rear: ECS KVW100 Window Control Module : Milltek resonated cat back

Offline golfgtidan

• I live here
« Reply #53 on: 17 September 2008, 18:53 »
The Astra Red top will be a C20XE 2.0 16v 150bhp, I brilliant engine they make shed loads of avg torque across the whole rev range. I have one running 300bhp+ with a nice T3 turbo bolted to it with 4x4 transmission is a Calibra :grin:

Standard 150bhp mapping on a AGU is too "bland"  to keep up the the C20XE engine which will offer the power lower down in the rev range, so with every gear change the Astra will pull away from your AGU.  But come Sunday all being well you will be flicking stones up in to his path behind you watching his car get smaller and smaller each time you change gear.

Saying that my old 1992 Calibra SE2 2.0 16 non turbo with an old R-tech stage2 chip running 168bhp, beat a Bentley Continental on a Toll road 6am one morning 3 years back upto 160mph I beat him..... only because he had an 155mph speed limiter.. :grin: you should have seen the guys face I was pis***g  laughing my head off once I had realised what had gone on with his car.

Drunk Nick!

now thats what i wanted to hear!!!  :grin:

1999 1.8t : Winter Pack : Kamei Mesh Grille : Forge 007p D/V : Carbonio Cold Air Intake : R-tech remap : 18" Toora Alloys : -30mm Eibach Springs : Smoked Side Repeaters : Hella Magic Colours Rear Lights : Hella Black Headlights : "hid" Headlight Conversion : Aero Blades Front & Rear: ECS KVW100 Window Control Module : Milltek resonated cat back

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
« Reply #54 on: 17 September 2008, 20:06 »

Im sure we will hear all about it on sunday  :laugh:

indeed!! watch this space lol  :laugh:

hoping my magic snorkel (carbonio) and my re-circ valve will make that little extra bit of difference, took my forge splitter valve off today....

What valve have you got now then 007p?

i dunno lol!!! it says forge on it and is a re-circ valve lol  :laugh:

Fast Road Closed Loop Diverter Valve??!?

Sounds like 007p  :cool:

MKIV Mod Squadâ„¢ a part of the headlight police.

Offline Vtec Abuser

• I live here
« Reply #55 on: 18 September 2008, 09:14 »

Drunk Nick!
What he said ^^^
Don't forget they are a good 300kgs lighter guys...

Candy White Ed30 3dr DSG, Nav, Bi-Xenons, Armrest, MFSW...

Offline Madmax

• I live here
« Reply #56 on: 19 September 2008, 19:03 »
You'll beat a C2 VTS then, and a Clio :)

VTS was a smashing little car, the number of smiles I wiped off faces with that car!  First car that properly ever had me was a Cooper S at some lights.  Not that I'm bitter :)  Group 8 insurance too!!

Was the Cooper before or after the Golf remap, as a friend has the Cooper S. :evil: