Author Topic: Question I've been meaning to ask for some time  (Read 1020 times)

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
Question I've been meaning to ask for some time
« on: 26 April 2022, 08:31 »
Ever since I've had the GTI (May 2018), I've always had a problem that occurs every trip and is totally reproducible, that I've never thought to ask on here.

Basically  on my journey to work, I turn onto a dual carriage way (40mph) that lasts for about 3/4 mile before ending at a roundabout. About 150 yards into the dual carriageway, every single day I get a warning flashing up "ACC not available" and then my lane assist Icon (bottom centre of the instrument panel) disappears along with the compass and speed signs at the top of the instruments, then 150 yards later it all comes back on as if nothing ever happened and is fine for the rest of the journey. It literally is the same 150 yards of road every day and is the only time I ever get this warning.

Do you think this is down to the map data loaded in the car (but then why would it affect ACC and lane assist). But like I say is 100% reproducible every day on the same section of road ? Why just a 150 yard section of road every day ? Anyone any ideas ?
« Last Edit: 26 April 2022, 08:33 by Sootchucker »
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Rudedog

• Here all the time
Re: Question I've been meaning to ask for some time
« Reply #1 on: 26 April 2022, 08:51 »
Yep I think it's a blip in the map data.... once when I updated my SD card I forgot to put the thing back in the car, when I set off to work everything was unavailable (ACC, lane assist, speed signs),  I panicked thinking something was really wrong but as soon as I put the SD card back in it all sorted itself out.

2019 Golf GTi PP DSG, Isaac Blue.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 26 April 2022, 09:03 »
I'll have a look at the maps then and see what my latest version is and if there's an update. Thanks Rudedog.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline madstaff

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 26 April 2022, 09:14 »
Latest maps are dated 29/11/21, ive just had a look on the VW maps site.
2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #706.

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.

Offline martin998877

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 04 May 2022, 21:22 »
it might be an area of high electro-magnetic interference - anything strange nearby?
Golf GTi Mark 7 owner

Offline karlos

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 04 May 2022, 22:13 »
it might be an area of high electro-magnetic interference - anything strange nearby?

My thought too, something in that area may be transmitting something that interferes with the ACC radar.
2017 (67) GTI PP DSG. Tungsten Silver with DCC, Art Velours, Dynaudio, Climate Screen, Tints, Keyless, Rear Camera, Lane Assist, Seville wheels.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #6 on: 05 May 2022, 09:46 »
It could be map data - if you have the map up, does it show you on a road? If it thinks you aren't on a road then it will disable ACC, but not with a warning message. I don't think its this.

More likely is an implausible radar signal value - caused either by interference or weird returns off of something.

On the Mk8 you get even more signal interference problems and warning messages - not from ACC but from V2X. The number of places you find emitting electronic noise that nukes the system is crazy.... and the resulting bong. The dreaded bong.

Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 05 May 2022, 09:48 »
Latest maps are dated 29/11/21, ive just had a look on the VW maps site.

Can confirm that, as did mine couple of weeks ago, and has resolved some of the irritants of the old maps showing me driving through fields on new by passes  :laugh:
Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC