Author Topic: Other interesting cars you own  (Read 8280 times)

Offline ar899

• Here all the time
Re: Other interesting cars you own
« Reply #30 on: 14 May 2022, 16:20 »
What are you replacing the Eagle with?!

https://gamecomposites.com/gb1/

Impressive - not heard of those before. Must do some research!

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #31 on: 26 May 2022, 17:01 »

I've toyed with the idea several times and friends who have gone the route have fallen over themselves to stop me swearing they'd never do it again. How has ownership been for you?

I won't say never again - and it is a box ticked - but I could not hand on heart recommend buying one.

I am slightly disappointed in myself that I don't get as excited over Mclarens as I perhaps should?

I know a few owners, one had a 570S for a few months,,,,,he replaced it with a 981 GT4 and is happier!

Something about the grass being greener etc....??? :)

I sold a GT4 to buy the McLaren and am currently looking for either a GT3 or a GT4. Will keep the CSS though!

Interesting. I struggle to get excited about the latest and greatest these days. I was in my local VW dealership yesterday and it had a Taigo and T-Roc on the sales floor. They looked unutterably dull but the price tag wasn't.

Are you thinking 718 or 981 if you go GT4? I passed on my build slot for a 718, thought of switching to Spyder but I object to having to spend the sort of money you need to get the sound fixed on the 718. 718 feels like a cynical marketing exercise - bit like what BMW did with the 1M. It started off as a skunkworks project and then just turned into cynically capitalising on the cache of the first.

I think if I had one to do it all, a 991.2 GT3 Touring would be it for me. Prices are absurd on all of this at the moment though.

MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR

Offline sjw

• I live here
« Reply #32 on: 26 May 2022, 17:22 »

I think if I had one to do it all, a 991.2 GT3 Touring would be it for me. Prices are absurd on all of this at the moment though.

There's no rear storage really in the Touring though is there?

Online clubsport

• I live here
« Reply #33 on: 26 May 2022, 21:36 »

There's no rear storage really in the Touring though is there?

I'm not sure I follow, the GT3 Touring doesn't have rear seats, so the rear space could be seen as all storage rather than seating?
Since my first in '94 I have always had CS lightweight 911's without rear seats, it's surprising what you can fit in! ;)

Offline sjw

• I live here
« Reply #34 on: 27 May 2022, 08:15 »
Yeah, maybe that's true. I always think of the rear seat as somewhere for my dog to sit, so no rear seats always equals no storage in my mind at first thought

Online clubsport

• I live here
« Reply #35 on: 27 May 2022, 09:10 »
Previous owned Pork have included a 911 3.2 Clubsport (1/53) & 968 Clubsport, both had Porsche fitted rear storage area in place of rear seats, this was basically a carpeted flat wooden platform with useful cubby hole storage below. A shame they don't use this on the latest 2 seater 911?

Offline Ooosh

• Not said much yet
« Reply #36 on: 28 May 2022, 12:58 »

Are you thinking 718 or 981 if you go GT4? I passed on my build slot for a 718, thought of switching to Spyder but I object to having to spend the sort of money you need to get the sound fixed on the 718. 718 feels like a cynical marketing exercise - bit like what BMW did with the 1M. It started off as a skunkworks project and then just turned into cynically capitalising on the cache of the first.

Oh man - how could you turn down a build slot? 😭

I have owned a 981 so would want to try the 718.

Agree with you about the GT3 Touring. Gorgeous.
CSS + McLaren 570S + Saxdor 200 + Christen Eagle

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #37 on: 30 May 2022, 10:23 »
Even tho' I no longer have a modern GTI, I still have my 1990 Oak Green 16V. The other cars we have are,

Transporter T6 Caravelle
Tiguan Elegance 200 TDI
Polo 6R Rline
Fabia VRS SE
Fabia VRS (Darkside 260bhp)

Well, the inevitable happened. An 18 year old with little mechanical sympathy resulted in the silly power Fabia shatting its gearbox. Within a few days, it was stripped to a husk and all the silly bits that Fabia boys go mad for were sold, bringing in enough cash to buy a 2008 BMW 730D. Not the stereotypical choice of car for an 18 year old, but pretty cool in my book. Surprisingly cheap to insure too.

Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline jaceyboy

• I live here
« Reply #38 on: 30 May 2022, 11:26 »

MK7 GTi

Offline rob_the_jogger

• Not said much yet
« Reply #39 on: 30 May 2022, 15:05 »
Just got a Clio 182 Trophy, great analogue fun :smiley:
« Last Edit: 30 May 2022, 15:07 by rob_the_jogger »
Clubsport 302