Author Topic: Rear door card and plate removal with extra info for door locked shut.  (Read 49129 times)

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
Top guide :afro:

Offline richandhazel

• Global Moderator
  • Forum addict
Thanks, hope it helps someone :smiley:

Offline School-runner

• Just got here
Hi Rich,  thanks for the guide really useful as I have the same problem. I'm struggling to disconnect the wiring plug from the latch end and this guide doesn't show how to. also i'm very interested to read more about how to actually open the door as I'm not v confident about this either.

Do you know exactly which wires to conect to unlock these doors, or which bit to hit even?

Offline dubboy

• Not said much yet
hi i had the same problem with my rear door and i used your guide to get the door card off and then used a long flat head screw driver and a big hammer to smash the lock apart untill it gave up and opened (done is with out damaging the door it self) top guide mate thanks

Offline lozzie

• Not said much yet
  • [URL=http://i224.phhttp://i224.photobucket.com/alb
thank u so much,got that far,now need the rest of it to unlock door,many thanks

Offline howsitgoing

• Just got here
Hi

excellent post, my mk4 rear passenger door hasn't opened now for about 8 months but my MOT is up soon so need to get this repaired, is there another guide for the next step of getting the door open with a goosed lock?
My symptoms are both inner & outer handles have normal feel & resistance , the inner handle lifts the snib, the central locking activates in all doors apart from the goosed door,  the last operation performed on the door before it broke was the door pin was manually pushed down & the door has never opened since, i can also hear movement in the door latch when i try open the door
any help please

cheers
baz

Offline Golf_GT_TDI

• I live here
  • 2015 (65) Golf GTD, 2016 (66) Golf GTI
I had mine done at VW Shrewsbury in February, total cost with the new lock unit/motor = £266.17 inc VAT

Offline glenn1971

• Just got here
Hi ,

Did you ever put any info together for the door lock removal and replacement?

I've got the same problem with the door locked in a closed position !

Cheers,

Glenn

Offline sleepytom

• Just got here
Hello Rich,

this is a great guide so far - have the same problem driver's side rear door can't be opened. From the outside it feels locked (no resistance) and from the inside it feels deadlocked (when the lever is pulled the door knob moves upward but great resistance and pops back down). I followed your guide and got everything off but am wondering if you would be so kind to share how you proceeded from then on.

I would be much obliged. This is a great site.

Thank you very much. Regards, Tom.

Offline bangash

• Just got here
thank you very much for all this article but now i m stuck as to how to take out the lock mechanism....s there a way to release the lock or u have to break it...if u have to break which part to aim for