Author Topic: cubz - black anniversary 1.8T  (Read 14617 times)

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
cubz - black anniversary 1.8T
« on: 14 May 2012, 12:27 »
:)
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline cubz

• Not said much yet
Re: cubz - black anniversary 1.8T
« Reply #1 on: 14 May 2012, 18:09 »
Having had performance vauxhalls all my days i decided that it was time to move on and that i would buy the mrs a cheap run about around 1500-2000 and get myself something aswell, all she wanted was a black golf 3dr that looked nice, so set about looking for one and come across an anniversary that caught my eye however the price was a bit more than i was hoping to pay, i have always liked the look of them.

so after a few emails to the owner i decided to go and view the car as i had a day off work as it turned out it was bucketing down with rain so when viewing car it wasnt easy to see much but to be honest i was one of they buyers who was having it as long as nothing major was wrong.

car had FSH and a big folder of recepits from new with only 2 previous owners each one having the car for 5 years.

here is few pics from advert of car:

Offline cubz

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 14 May 2012, 21:39 »
once home i had a proper look at cars mot/service history and every thing was as i expected.

i gave it a good wash and had a proper look around car i had noticed a few bits that needed done to car, heres a couple of pics of what need sorted

scratch/ score dent in bonnet

laquer peel on front bumper

rear brake caliper needs painting

final pic of engine bay which was  pretty clean

Offline cubz

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 17 May 2012, 21:31 »
right little update as been buying a few small bits and bobs for car so far this week i have bought,

flat front wipers               £5.49 from ebay and work great!!!!
mk5 rear wiper arm           £10.38 still to be fitted
new mats                       £14.90
new tax disc holder          £1                 

still to get

polo ariel
pressed number plates

not much but few small things and make a big difference.

Offline cubz

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 20 May 2012, 11:36 »
well got my finger out this weekend and fitted new mats, painted caliper and fitted rear wiper arm heres a couple of pics of my hard work.

after painting this and looking at difference ill need to paint the rest now.

fitting rear wiper wasnt easy as i bought touran wiper for alot cheaper than a mk5 wiper but it was just a tad too big so had to cut an inch of blade to make it fit without rubbing at top of rear screen, when cutting it i lost the end cap of arm but found a another wee bit that fitted, doesnt look great but will hopefully find end cap in shed somewhere.

Offline cubz

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 04 November 2012, 20:05 »
done nothing with car for last few months but all the small jobs are building up!!!

jobs need doing are

replace lcd screen
replace headlight bulbs
find boost leak!!! sure thats what i hear!!!

plan is to fix the easy bits and then hopefully take car off road and get everything done at the same time alogn with few bits sprayed.

Offline cubz

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 23 January 2013, 13:00 »
parked car at my old mans as the snow here has bad and he has big drive and thought it would be fine there! come in teh otehr day to see this!!!

old man says cars alwyes been like that! i reckon it was my uncle as he has been using van and storing his stuff at my old mans so must of banged into it and cracked light altho no one thougth to tell me!

bought another one yesterday so just fitting it the now!

Offline cubz

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 13 May 2013, 16:03 »
Been busy last few months with a wee 4x4 I bought but now that's gone time to get the golf sorted!

Bought myself a set of centre caps from eBay and got them refurbished and bought some new centre cap badges.

Just waiting on restocking back and then will get them on car!

Mot and service due next week!