Author Topic: jake - NOS power!  (Read 48114 times)

Offline jake

• I live here
Re: jwelsh12 - NOS power!
« Reply #10 on: 16 August 2009, 21:53 »
ok guys latest images of the car, i have now got my flocked dashboard in the car, and i have now stripped out the back of the car, as i am going for a fast road look, i thought it would look better!

Few shots from the weekend!

Really pleased with dashboard, and the car looks better stripped, still alot of work still to do! :)

Offline jake

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 24 August 2009, 00:53 »

THESE ALLOY WHEELS ARE NOW FOR SALE, PERSONAL MESSAGE ME IF YOUR INTERESTED, OR SEE THE CLASSIFIED SECTION

Offline jake

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 24 August 2009, 23:39 »

Right ok.............. the wheels have now been sold to dempsey, thanks for the quick reply mate.   I pick up my new R32 wheels on sunday, and i am gettin them sprayed black on Monday!

also bought some Porsche 993 4 pot brakes, they are getting a full rebuild and powdercoated yellow next week, includes full piston polish etc from dave over on UK MKivs.net.  Thats the reason i have decided to change my wheels, I want to show off the brakes more.

So alot of big changes next week so ill get loads of good pix up when all is done!! :smiley: :smiley:

Offline jake

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 03 September 2009, 00:17 »
AFTER BEING MESSED AROUND A LITTLE TOO MUCH, THE WHEELS ARE BACK UP FOR SALE, SEE CLASSIFIEDS

Offline jake

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 03 September 2009, 16:42 »
ITS LIKE AN AUCTION HOUSE ON HERE  :grin: :grin: THE WHEELS ARE NOW SOLD ( AGAIN )

Offline jake

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 06 September 2009, 21:31 »
ok bit of an update

I paid the cayenne turbo brakes over the weekend, and Dave from ukmk-ivs is currently fully refurbing them in porsche yellow, with the black porsche decal!

I now have my new wheels back from the powdercoating shop, and i have to say they look gorgas!!!! Here they are at edition 38, i hope some of u saw my car there! If not never mind!

I would love some feedback on this buildthread onto ideas for my car and opinions so please add some, (good ones only please)

Offline jake

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 06 September 2009, 21:57 »
Also i thought i would put on a little pic of the brakes before they were refurbed! They are monsters  :grin: :grin: :grin:

Offline jake

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 07 September 2009, 19:16 »
thanks alot mate ,love feedback!! no one ever seems to let you know how your doing  :grin: :grin:

Cannot wait to get the brakes on lol! Im scared there gonna fall through my bedroom floor ! :grin: :grin:

Offline jake

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 10 September 2009, 00:26 »
ok... moving on from the calipers which are currently dinting my bedroom floor! something else which is gonna drive my mum crazy is the arrival of these incredibly oversize discs, measuring at 350mm :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Things just keep getting bigger and bigger!!

Offline jake

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 22 September 2009, 00:06 »
Well...................

After a wait, my porsche cayenne brakes are now finally one! After working closely with Dave Brown off Ukmivs (incredible guy, who knows everything there is too know about brakes), we booked the car in at Revo today!

The brakes are something i would have normally done, yet as i have spent sooo much money on this set up i wanted it done right! Especially the bleeding!

Not all went smoothly though, as just as Revo were about to fit the calipers to the carriers, they realised they would not fit on the brakets! My face dropped :cry: :cry:

Yet they rang Dave, and he was there in 5 minutes sorting the problem out! What a guy! So the brakes are now on, and they look AMAZING, and that is a complete understatement! I currently have no image of them on the car as it was going dark as i left ,but will post some pix very very soon!

The main thing about this story is a MASSIVE thank you to Dave Brown, one of the nicest and most genuine guys i have ever met! His work and his enthusiasm is incredible and i would and always will recommend people to him!

I have been to many tradesplaces and met many tradespeople, yet Dave is defo the most top top guy of them all! If anyone is interested on brake set ups he is the man!

Well here are the photo diaries anyway....

Test fitting at Daves

When we were happy that fitted great with only a 10mm spacer needed, we got them made up, yellow with a full refurb, polished pistons new ceals and the lot!

It was then taken to Revo for fitting!

Pix of the brakes on the car will follow tomorrow! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I am going to bed a very very happy man!