Author Topic: Im..... BACK :)  (Read 1140 times)

Offline kuk sool

• GTI forum regular
Im..... BACK :)
« on: 28 March 2007, 10:15 »
Well almost.... im car less, went down the road buying a vectra 2.2 sri mainly for the extras..... BAD DECISION... CRAP CAR should never left my VAG group behind LOL

Anyways i have 4k to spend, i have spotted 3 cars

1. MK4 golf gti 1.8T 1999 5 door 104k full leather, climate, heated seats, rear spoiler in blue £4k with FSH MOT and tax

2. SEAT leon 2000 (X) 1.8T 20v sport 180bhp Full SEAT Service 104k, Black, climate, Mot and TAx £3650 (well under price???)

3. Seat leon 100 bhp TDI SE, 80 k (2000 W) full service record, CD/MP3 climate Nokia blue tooth, Tax and MOT £3995

These are available now, i would prefer a low miler VR6 highline but they are rare as and i would prefer a high miler newer car to a old high miler car

your views are welcome....

cheers for the help need to get sorted by the weekend....

Offline tom26

• I live here
  • team chumpy.
Re: Im..... BACK :)
« Reply #1 on: 28 March 2007, 15:05 »
leon cupra r is awesome but don't know anything about the sport version?
MK4 golf sounds like a safe bet.

Offline Uruk Hai

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 28 March 2007, 16:42 »
If it was my money I'd go for this, lovely motor

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=53939.0

Offline kuk sool

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 28 March 2007, 17:23 »
is it still for sale though.......? was posted on 2 FEB 2007....????

I would love it and is infact exactly what im after but finding a nice mk3 16v with low miles near on impossible!!!!

:grin:

Offline kuk sool

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 29 March 2007, 09:00 »
ok.... update!!!

the leon 1.8T has been owned by the current owner for 4 weeks and he claims it is too juicy, now he could be niave when buying i guess but im not convinced as something with 180bhp will always be juicy unless its a tdi...

alos the leon tdi never returned my calls

So, i go to look at the golf this weekend and im quite excited....LOL

Offline Uruk Hai

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 29 March 2007, 09:02 »
Is the Leon a Sport or a Cupra ? The Cupra would be 180 BHP but the Sport would 156 BHP ?

Offline tom26

• I live here
  • team chumpy.
« Reply #6 on: 29 March 2007, 09:59 »
i thought the cupra r was fitted with the 225bhp lump?

Offline S11EPS

• I live here
  • No golfs here. Only a C63 mercedes
« Reply #7 on: 29 March 2007, 10:14 »
When Seat first launched the Leon there were two variants - the Sport and the Cupra.

Both were powered by the same 180bhp lump, same suspension, brakes etc etc - mechanically they were identical.

The Cupra version had a few more toys/better trim and was available in a special edition colour (a burnt Orange).

After a wee while the two models merged - the Sport name disappeared (for this variant) and became the Cupra as standard although the default spec list was as per the Sport - ie basically the extra kit diappeared and the badge changed from Sport to Cupra.

After a while, the Cupra R was launched, with 225bhp.

So, in summary, and early (X-51 plate) Cupra with 180bhp could be either a Sport or Cupra - the only difference will be trim levels/equipment, nothing mechanical.

How do I know all this? Because I brokered a deal for four of them a few years ago for a company I was working for (although I left before we took delivery, so I never had one as my company car) so I spent plenty of time test driving them and used to know the spec's of both models inside out.

The greatest leveller of them all - the Carousel

Offline tom26

• I live here
  • team chumpy.
« Reply #8 on: 29 March 2007, 18:25 »
S11EPs, i stand corrected!  :smiley: