Author Topic: Results from JKM Rolling road day.  (Read 20133 times)

Offline SteveP

• I live here
Re: Results from JKM Rolling road day.
« Reply #120 on: 05 October 2008, 19:28 »
I'm not really interested in getting involved in the REVO vs Bluefin debate but I do think you should bear in mind that they are different products with slightly different aims.

BF - Designed to be sold to virtually anyone anywhere in the world who has acces to a postal delivery and the internet.  It provides a nice increase over stock with the minimum of effort and hassle.

REVO - I've said this many times before, much more suited to those that wish to take their car further, the ability for the user to adjust and modify the boost, timing and fuel makes it a very adaptable remap that will evolve as your car does.  Downside, well it requires a visit to a dealer for installation and you need to buy the Select Plus to realise it's true potential.

Lets not all be so hasty in bashing the BF boys, SC are a decent company and I am sure they will be interested in helping their customers.

Very well put Stu, I couldn't agree more :afro:

Offline 182_blue

• I live here
« Reply #121 on: 05 October 2008, 19:31 »
I'm not really interested in getting involved in the REVO vs Bluefin debate but I do think you should bear in mind that they are different products with slightly different aims.

BF - Designed to be sold to virtually anyone anywhere in the world who has acces to a postal delivery and the internet.  It provides a nice increase over stock with the minimum of effort and hassle.

REVO - I've said this many times before, much more suited to those that wish to take their car further, the ability for the user to adjust and modify the boost, timing and fuel makes it a very adaptable remap that will evolve as your car does.  Downside, well it requires a visit to a dealer for installation and you need to buy the Select Plus to realise it's true potential.

Lets not all be so hasty in bashing the BF boys, SC are a decent company and I am sure they will be interested in helping their customers.

Very well put Stu, I couldn't agree more :afro:

Such a constructive post  :smiley:, nice one Stu

NewGolf

« Reply #122 on: 05 October 2008, 21:01 »
^^^ Fully agree here, no remappers at all in the Channel Islands, so I'd have to use a BF if i wanted an upgrade.

Offline RedRobin

• Forum addict
  • BIALI Motorsport - Chief Horn Blower!
« Reply #123 on: 05 October 2008, 21:18 »

Do tell us robin why you were smiling so much in this pic???  :wink:

....I was amused by you taking pics of the others and that they didn't realise.

:afro:
:cool: FACEFOOK: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50?ref=tn_tnmn

Throbbin' Red VeeDub GTI Mk5 - DSG, Custom Milltek TBE, Forge Twintake, KW-V3 + Eibach ARBs, AP Racing BigBrake kit, Quaife ATB diff, Revo2

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Forum addict
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed, ASK!
« Reply #124 on: 06 October 2008, 23:08 »
TT is alive.. care to join me in the "I told you so" dance re: bluefin, sir?

i can't believe he's not posted on this thread yet to share his views!!!!

What more can I say that I aint already said before about SuperSh!ts junk!  :rolleyes:
Sean - Independent Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
-----
'06/7 Golf Mk5 GTI 5dr (BWA) DSG, colour coded,

I feel like a homo

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Forum addict
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed, ASK!
« Reply #125 on: 06 October 2008, 23:22 »
TT is alive.. care to join me in the "I told you so" dance re: bluefin, sir?

really helpful to the present Bluefin owners

....Good point!

Next week should see some updates about people's situations or grievances.

:afro:

yeh, TBH who need a Smug "person !!" saying i told you so, just gets up my nose TBH, me and a few others have spent a fair few quid on these remaps and this just doesnt help

Erm - if that comment is aimed at me, then lighten up a bit.  I don't ever think I have got "personal" with you over Superchips.  I merely post my own point of views, based on my masses of years of experience in the motor trade, and backed up by my wealth of qualifications and ongoing studies.  :rolleyes:

But I do repeatedly see complaints about Superchips stuff, and I think that my repeated "rantings" about SC have consistenly been backed up by many, many different VAG forums.  Coupled that with the proven lies which SC have on their website, and I personally think it is right that SC get exposed for what they are.  As I have repeatedly said, if they remove their lies from their website, and thoroughly develop their maps properly, without trying to hoodwink the majority of the innocent "joe public", then all of this "bad karma" against Superchips will be a thing of the past.  :rolleyes:

I certainly don't wish to have any personal gripes or attacks at anyone, including your good self.  As others have said, if you are happy with yours, then isn't that all that should really matter?  At the end of the day though, I aint responsible for how others spend their hard earned wonga.  :smiley:  :smiley:
Sean - Independent Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
-----
'06/7 Golf Mk5 GTI 5dr (BWA) DSG, colour coded,

I feel like a homo