Author Topic: Cra1g - mk3 1.4 low Ryder  (Read 5798 times)

Online jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
Cra1g - mk3 1.4 low Ryder
« on: 19 October 2005, 13:17 »
here you go :)
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline Cra1g

• GTI forum regular
  • You May Pass Me, But You Won't Outlast Me!
Re: Cra1g - mk3 1.4 low Ryder
« Reply #1 on: 19 October 2005, 21:29 »
Thanks jv!  :cool:

Ok here goes, never done anything like this before, but I will try my best, with the car and also updating my trials and tribulations!

Ok, I'll start off with the background of the car.

Its a L Reg (1993) MK3 Ryder 1.4 in Red.

Purchased from a local auction for a small amount, compaired to what people have informed me they think the car is worth, and is the begining in my dream to own a nice car that I repair, and modify to the spec I want.

With...

No Chav'ness
No body kits

But done in a stylish but subtle way.

Things I have purchase for my car are:

Sideskirts - I bought these as I dont like the standard look of the sides of the car at present. Haven't fitted them yet but will do soon!

Rear M3 Style clusters - Bought from Germany £30 cheaper than any shop I have seen in the UK, very nice, and already make a good impact on the car.

Lowered 40mm On Spax Springs - The car was abit like Jelly on a washing machine going around corners, and due to me wanting to eventually get 17" on the car, wanted to lower the car but try and keep some of the comfort level.

TOAD Ai606 CAT 1 Alarm & Immobilser - In my opinion a must on any car that you will treasure and "do up". It helps keep pickey's away and also decrease's the insurance premium.

Chrome Door Handles & Fan switches - Bought these as I wanted to break up the all black dash, door cards, carpet and seats. Look really nice in my opinion.

K&N Induction Kit - The garage say it gives some more "power", but in a 1.4 8v engine with the wieght of the MK3 - Who am I kidding?! But it does sound nice, and not like a boy racer's car (Even though I am only 20)

Things Im Doing To The Car At The moment

Ok, following suit from the chrome door handles etc, I decided to take off the door handles and their surround's and also the speaker coveres from on the dash, and clean the, rub them down and spray them in "Metalic Chrome", I did this also to the speaker covers on the door.

Thats it for todays episode, all pics are to come, but its poring outside at the moment. If you guys have any ideas, or feedback, please don't hesitate to add me to MSN on tranquil_rage@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks Cra1g

Offline Cra1g

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 16 November 2005, 00:07 »
Only a quick update:

But I've had the side skirts fitted, purchased a VW Golf Mk3 VR6 Front Lower Deep Euro Lip Spoiler from e bay only £26 inc P+P, Chrome Gear Lever Surround.

And Im going to buy a debadged grill and am debating on either to get DTM Style or M3 Style Side Mirrors. Just cant decide.

What do you guys think?

Add me to MSN on tranquil_rage@hotmail.co.uk

Will have picks on here this weekend weather permitting.

Cra1g

Offline Cra1g

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 24 November 2005, 21:08 »
Ok, my side skirts have been fitted, and my VR6 Deep Lip came.

I also bought some Black Diamond Comby Disc's, & Green Stuff Pads. Will be fitting them this weekend, so pics will DEFFO come.

Cra1g