Author Topic: The age old remap question  (Read 1256 times)

Offline carlt69

• Not said much yet
The age old remap question
« on: 25 December 2023, 21:43 »
First Happy Christmas everyone  :smiley:

I’m probably a bit too drunk but I’m thinking of mapping my mk8 GTi.  I’ve looked on,one and can see that superchips is down to £225 which seems like a bargain for around 300bhp

Anyone have any long term current experience of remapping their GTi and can let me know how you get on with it and mpg etc?

Thanks
MK8 GTi in Moonstone Grey

Offline davo245

• Here all the time
Re: The age old remap question
« Reply #1 on: 27 December 2023, 09:20 »
First Happy Christmas everyone  :smiley:

I’m probably a bit too drunk but I’m thinking of mapping my mk8 GTi.  I’ve looked on,one and can see that superchips is down to £225 which seems like a bargain for around 300bhp

Anyone have any long term current experience of remapping their GTi and can let me know how you get on with it and mpg etc?

Thanks

Avoid superchips now tbh just the name now they are owned by another generic map everything company!

Cheap remaps are cheap for a reason! Seen some truly awfilul maps in my time  :laugh: My only choice would be racingline tbh they are seeing 330 plus on just stage one software.
« Last Edit: 27 December 2023, 09:23 by davo245 »
Mk6 GTI DSG
MK7.5 GTI performance DSG
Mk8 GTI

Offline carlt69

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 27 December 2023, 21:14 »
Thanks for the heads up,  I’ll look into racing line

Cheers
MK8 GTi in Moonstone Grey

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 28 December 2023, 09:41 »
Thanks for the heads up,  I’ll look into racing line

Cheers

Probably not, but if you have a manual box, you'll be needing a clutch upgrade - the standard clutch will start to slip in a matter of months, if not weeks.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline valentino

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 28 December 2023, 10:56 »
Each to their own. Cant really see the point, the Mk8 is responsive as standard. Also its a hassle, and adds tho the cost of insurance
Been there done that in the past, wont be doing it again. Sorry to be negative, but just my opinion from past experience