Author Topic: Luggage compartment lamp  (Read 1108 times)

Offline madstaff

• I live here
Luggage compartment lamp
« on: 18 October 2021, 16:00 »
After being away in the Mrs's A1 at the weekend and noticing how good the standard LED boot lamp is compared to the faint glow that is a Mk7 boot lamp i wondered what people had done to improve the standard lamp??

Have people fit just an LED bulb or have people bought a complete LED lamp like this one-

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Newsun-NS-M003-LED-Luggage-Compartment/dp/B00WM8ELNK/ref=sr_1_11?dchild=1&keywords=golf+7+luggage&qid=1634565841&quartzVehicle=121-1628&replacementKeywords=7+luggage&sr=8-11
2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #706.

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.

Offline My other womans a vw.

• GTI forum regular
Re: Luggage compartment lamp
« Reply #1 on: 18 October 2021, 18:58 »
Have a look at ‘golfdaves’ how to section.
He fitted an Led bulb in his boot and gives a great write up on how to fit a resistor to it to stop it being on permanently.
Sounds daft,but he explains why in his how to.
Done it myself and it’s a lot better.

Offline rajb

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 18 October 2021, 22:19 »
Plenty of options for the boot light but you’ll definitely need the resistor as otherwise you get the boot lid open warming like I was in my thread I started. Didn’t do it at the start but was a bit random when we opened the vanity mirror lol.

Offline madstaff

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 18 October 2021, 22:38 »
Well I thought I'd remove the bulb to measure the length, and it broke the copper coloured contact off which holds the bulb in place.

I can't see a VW motif or part number on the lamp itself so I can only assume its a pattern part.

I've soldered the bulb to the broken contact until I can source a replacement, and as a simple bulb swap is no longer possible it looks like a new complete lamp unit.

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.

Offline Arnold_Lane

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 19 October 2021, 09:45 »
I think these might fit the Golf boot even though they are for an Octavia: http://www.kopacek.com/Skoda/OCTAVIA-III/Octavia-III-MEGA-POWER-LED-cargo-trunk-light-KI-R

Fitted one to a Fabia a few years ago and they really do make a difference (almost the difference between light and day  :grin:)
SOLD - 67 Golf GTi PP, 5dr, DSG in Issac Blue with rear camera, keyless entry, Dynaudio, Brescia alloys & DCC.

Offline madstaff

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 19 October 2021, 11:00 »
I may have found through searching on the internet a replacement VAG LED interior light, it looks to be exactly the same looking as the crappy standard one except has modern LED internals.

Best thing is its genuine VAG, so ive ordered one and we'll see what turns up tomorrow.  :smiley:

You cant beat the genuine items in my book, compared to some cheap chinese gear.

Offline Agreeable Slick

• Global Moderator
  • Serious forum addict
  • Unit
« Reply #6 on: 19 October 2021, 15:11 »
I may have found through searching on the internet a replacement VAG LED interior light, it looks to be exactly the same looking as the crappy standard one except has modern LED internals.

Best thing is its genuine VAG, so ive ordered one and we'll see what turns up tomorrow.  :smiley:

You cant beat the genuine items in my book, compared to some cheap chinese gear.

PN or Link?

Offline madstaff

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 19 October 2021, 15:29 »
I was gonna hold off putting up part numbers until i had the lamp in my hand to make sure it was ok.

2K5 947 101B costs approx £14-00 from TPS.

« Last Edit: 19 October 2021, 15:31 by madstaff »

Offline Agreeable Slick

• Global Moderator
  • Serious forum addict
  • Unit
« Reply #8 on: 20 October 2021, 09:03 »
Cheers Squire.

Offline madstaff

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 20 October 2021, 14:09 »
Fits and works perfectly. Just like it was meant to be.  :smiley:

2K5 947 101B. about £15 from your local TPS.

LED top

LED bottom

Old festoon lamp

New LED lamp