Author Topic: 7.5 GTI  (Read 2233 times)

Offline brian1983

• Not said much yet
7.5 GTI
« on: 21 July 2021, 19:57 »
I’ve had my my 7.5 GTi for a couple of weeks now and there’s a couple of things I’ve noticed. The first is that the soundakator is much quieter than it was in my mk 7 GTD, I thought it would be at least as loud. I know a lot of people don’t like them but I don’t mind it. I’ve checked with OBD11 and it’s set to 100% and there’s no faults so it’s still there and not plugged out by previous owner. I’m also wondering if it doesn’t kick in until much higher in the Rev range than the GTD and that’s the difference.

The second is that my digital cockpit is odd, it’s not a constant brightness across the entire screen. There are areas which seem dimmer to me. Has anyone else noticed this? I had the newer 10.5’’ digital cockpit on a Tiguan and it wasn’t like this.

Also put on Lockwood sill protectors this afternoon, happy that they’re protected now.

Very happy so far but haven’t had much of chance to drive it.
2018 7.5 GTI White

Online sjw

• I live here
Re: 7.5 GTI
« Reply #1 on: 22 July 2021, 11:40 »
Might be worth getting that cockpit looked at. That's not right, sounds like it could be a faulty panel. Is it under warranty? They might say that they're not fixing it as it still technically works, but it shouldn't have a nonuniform brightness

Offline Catnapper

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 22 July 2021, 14:46 »
Congrats on your purchase.....
The Soundaktor may have been turned down by a previous owner?
As for the lighting, I may be mistaken but I think it actually is brighter depending where the speedo & rev counter needles are.
MK7.5 Indium Grey 19" Brescia Alloys

Offline brian1983

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 22 July 2021, 20:11 »
Thanks everyone, it’s great to back in a fast Golf!

I was looking at the AID on my way home, and it’s the areas areas around the Speedo needle and the Rev needle which are brighter so it looks like it’s a design thing.

I checked the Soundakator on OBD11 and it’s ear to 100% so it must be working.
2018 7.5 GTI White

Offline VWTrevor

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 26 July 2021, 15:46 »
I would double check the soundaktor is plugged in. I know people do unplug them, it's fairly easy to check..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WOTw_lIoKw&t=206s

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 26 July 2021, 16:54 »
Thanks everyone, it’s great to back in a fast Golf!

I was looking at the AID on my way home, and it’s the areas areas around the Speedo needle and the Rev needle which are brighter so it looks like it’s a design thing.

I checked the Soundakator on OBD11 and it’s ear to 100% so it must be working.

Yes it's a design thing which I noticed a few years ago, that the AID focuses your attention around the actual speed / rev counter needles so that your eye easily focuses on them, and they just fade to dimmer the further away you get from where the needles are.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline joe6

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 27 July 2021, 07:36 »
Turned my soundaktor off but did not make that much difference in the car so your surmise that it is quieter could be correct.
Mk6 GTI Carbon Grey, 2010 Bluetooth and voice fitted, a few VCDS mods still a comfortable family car. Red Scirocco 2011 twin charger stage 1 - enjoyable drive now gone.  White 2016 Polo GTI (roller skate on steroids) replaced with an Indium Grey 2019 7.5 GTI PP.

Offline madstaff

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 27 July 2021, 08:38 »
Isnt there a setting for the soundaktor in the car setting menus in the car, IIRC my car with Nav pro and DCC you can switch between normal/race/eco (i think)??

You may have the sound at 100% but still be in ECO, the quietest??
2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #706.

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.

Offline joe6

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 27 July 2021, 08:54 »
The sound level can be set in individual mode. Not explored further than that.
Mk6 GTI Carbon Grey, 2010 Bluetooth and voice fitted, a few VCDS mods still a comfortable family car. Red Scirocco 2011 twin charger stage 1 - enjoyable drive now gone.  White 2016 Polo GTI (roller skate on steroids) replaced with an Indium Grey 2019 7.5 GTI PP.

Offline madstaff

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 27 July 2021, 09:15 »
The sound level can be set in individual mode. Not explored further than that.

Yes, thats what i was on about, difficult to describe when your not at the car.  :smiley:
2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #706.

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.