Author Topic: Clubsport  (Read 5997 times)

Offline Boothy1979

• GTI forum regular
Re: Clubsport
« Reply #20 on: 31 July 2021, 05:21 »
Update on known faults I’m having knocking/rattle noise they couldn’t find anything (but since I’ve got it back weds no noise) keyless entry needs a new part so it’s on order wireless charging needs new part which again is on order software update completed so now climate for now anyway is working. But Thursday on way to work infotainment said need update go figure  :whistle . But on the plus side ITS FRIDAY…!! and I got the Pretoria’s fitted today so not all bad . First pic software car came with second new software and third is a quick pic of car with prets

Love the car mate and the wheels look spot on against the grey.

Quick question on the wireless charger. What issue were you having for them to take a look at it? I have an issue that others have mention in the forum in that my phone gets boiling hot and it hardly puts any charge on it. To be honest I have stopped using it and plug it into the USC port.

I had the problem phone got hot but main thing was sometimes it charged but 90% it wouldn’t, hope that helps pal

It does mate. Thank you. Mine hasn’t stopped charging yet but surely it shouldn’t be making the phone get so hot.
Current car: Manual MK8 GTI 245, Deep black pearl.
Ordered: DSG MK8 Clubsport, DCC, Pure white.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #21 on: 31 July 2021, 08:12 »
Wireless charging making it hot is common across not just the mk8. It gets even worse if you are running nav from the phone on aa/acp. Can even get so hot the phone shuts down.

It's probably a useless piece of tech. Plug it in...
« Last Edit: 31 July 2021, 09:53 by fredgroves »
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Rudedog

• Here all the time
« Reply #22 on: 31 July 2021, 09:50 »
Not sure if this has been picked up yet...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmpHkvxg7Pk

Many of Volkswizard's CS faults are mirroring what I've seen on here, unfortunately he doesn't seem to have a positive message at the end.
2019 Golf GTi PP DSG, Isaac Blue.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #23 on: 31 July 2021, 10:10 »
Yup common faults he's talking about.

Very common and no real sense of resolution either...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Offline Verve34

• Not said much yet
« Reply #24 on: 31 July 2021, 12:21 »
Even with all these faults I’m still glad I’ve swapped my mk7.5 gti for it ( for now anyway)
67 Polo GTI Reflex Silver
19 Polo GTI+ Black
70  Golf GTI Performance Pure White
21 Golf Clubsport Dolphin Grey

Offline Foxy367

• Here all the time
  • Here All Week
« Reply #25 on: 31 July 2021, 20:48 »
And me!!
Current - Awaiting a milkfloat
Previously
2021 Mk8 GTI Clubsport - Atlantic Blue
2017 MK7.5 GTI Performance - Tornado Red
First steps into Golf ownership -
2003 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Oceanic Green
2002 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Reflex silver

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #26 on: 01 August 2021, 15:48 »
At a second attempt I watched the Volkswizard vid earlier (fell asleep first time round!).

Mine doesn’t seem to suffer quite the same issues as Andrew’s generally but the rear parking sensors do play up on occasion if I’ve had the rear of the car parked in the shade. Strange but true.
To be honest I’ve never tried using either the nav or cruise control in seven months of ownership as I’ve had no use for it, so mine could be buggy as buggery and I’d be none the wiser.

My interior was initially rattle free but lately a few have materialised.
One in the door panel when it’s hot outside, and more recently an irritating rattle from somewhere around the dash pod or driver’s side lower air vent. Drives me nuts. I’ll get that looked at when it has its first service or if it needs going in for something else beforehand.

But I didn’t buy the car for its electric gimmicks, so I don’t take too much issue with the buttonless buttons (having said that, the UI is substandard and also having watched Tom Ford review/preview the Polestar Precept, that’s the sort of interior and UI we should be getting in this day and age of carbon neutrality attempts). I do quite like the minimalist Mk8 dashboard architecture but it’s how it actually drives that bowls me over.
For a factory standard chassis in a humble Golf this thing handles amazingly well, and the engine pulls impressively too. I was pretty sceptical prior to taking delivery of it but it really delivers the goods.
It’s a superb driving tool.
I love mine.
Short of a lottery win I can’t think of anything else I’d rather own right now.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
« Reply #27 on: 03 August 2021, 13:38 »
Just realised I commented on the wrong topic, sorry. Edited
« Last Edit: 04 August 2021, 15:16 by clarky92 »
Currently: MK8 GTI Clubsport - DCC - Reflex Silver - Adelaide 19"s - Rear Camera

Previous: 3x MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack

Offline Verve34

• Not said much yet
« Reply #28 on: 04 August 2021, 20:49 »
So update on problems
Cars booked in for another update in 2 weeks also been told to fix keyless entry problem they will need to replace handle so will need car for 2 days in case it needs to go to bodyshop they are also going to look at the rattle/noise again. I’ve had the car 2 weeks today it’s had 2 updates already and a third on the way it’s spending more time at VW than with me  :shocked:
67 Polo GTI Reflex Silver
19 Polo GTI+ Black
70  Golf GTI Performance Pure White
21 Golf Clubsport Dolphin Grey

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #29 on: 05 August 2021, 08:46 »
I think mine needs the door handle antenna unit replacing too.

It unlocks most of the time from a rear approach but not from the front or side...