Author Topic: Clubsport stripe as it should have been  (Read 7237 times)

Offline Acegadget

• Not said much yet
  • MK8 Clubsport Dolphin Grey
Clubsport stripe as it should have been
« on: 28 June 2021, 23:47 »
Ok over the past 2 weeks I have been working with a company to finish the stripe on the CS.
I have never liked the fact there are no Clubsport markings so have worked on a mk7/8 hybrid.
So adding the Clubsport at the back but angled in matching the front. We have even managed to get the correct vinyl, we hope.
Anyway hopefully mine gets fitted next week and will post pictures and will be available via me for £100 the pair.
Seems expensive but it’s a damn site less than what I have paid out to get it designed.
Golf History 4 x MK2, 2 x MK3, 2 x MK4, 2 x MK5, 1 x MK6, 1 MK7 & MK8 Clubsport

Offline Kenis

• GTI forum regular
Re: Clubsport stripe as it should have been
« Reply #1 on: 29 June 2021, 07:25 »
Looking forward to the pictures once you get and definitely interested…. assuming I get the car this year!

Alternatively was thinking of getting the existing ones removed as it looks so unfinished.

Also plan to do the back half of the roof, but will leave the wing mirrors body coloured.
Ordered Apr-21 Arrived Mar-23: MK8 GTI Clubsport, Dolphin, Estorils plus other options

Offline carbon337

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 29 June 2021, 08:46 »
There's someone on instagram called tldesign.offenburg who has also done some and can be seen on dlhj1.mk8.gti.clubsport posts, however theirs look a bit weird as the fade on the font door doesnt match into rear door.

Interested to see your pics.

Ordered 12/06/21 Build scheduled for wk46>wk52>wk10>wk25: MK8 GTI Clubsport in Standard White, DCC, Winter Pack, Standard Wheels

Offline Acegadget

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 29 June 2021, 08:59 »
Looks like the wrong finish on the vinyl as well. These will look factory.
We did think about changing the fact the Clubsport is up high as it would look better but I want it to look like VW did it.

Offline M6TT F

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 29 June 2021, 12:01 »

Seems expensive but it’s a damn site less than what I have paid out to get it designed.

You should’ve put a post up asking for help. I could have sorted the design and artwork out for nowt!

Offline Acegadget

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 29 June 2021, 23:26 »

You should’ve put a post up asking for help. I could have sorted the design and artwork out for nowt!

If only I had known. Guy doing it used to work for Arrows F1 so fingers crossed it will be worth it

Offline Acegadget

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 02 July 2021, 22:27 »
Quick update.
Final test fit today and looking so good.
Proper vinyl has been ordered and should be here mid next week so hoping to get fitted Wednesday or Friday
Will post pictures up then.
Am having 2 other lots made at same time so will be available if anyone else wants them

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 03 July 2021, 07:53 »
Quick update.
Final test fit today and looking so good.
Proper vinyl has been ordered and should be here mid next week so hoping to get fitted Wednesday or Friday
Will post pictures up then.
Am having 2 other lots made at same time so will be available if anyone else wants them

Look forward to seeing them. Did you consider having just the clubsport (in a reverse italic) writing in place of a full sticker? eg the grey paint in the sticker below:

Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline Acegadget

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 03 July 2021, 14:12 »

Look forward to seeing them. Did you consider having just the clubsport (in a reverse italic) writing in place of a full sticker? eg the grey paint in the sticker below:

Nope had to look as if it was designed at the factory so back is exactly as MK7 but the have angled the front ands added another angled stripe so it merges in correctly

Offline Kenis

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9 on: 03 July 2021, 15:41 »
I’m sure there was a picture on here somewhere of a clubsport that had had the side decals completely removed, be good to see that if someone can find, plus the standard, plus these new designs.

I’m wondering if just keeping the very first sticker nearest the wheel and removing the rest will be the smartest look, even if the colour doesn’t actually match the front plastic grill. Might be too small for discreet CS lettering on top.

Got a long wait for mine so too early to commit I think and first mods I plan are paddles and roof wrap.
Ordered Apr-21 Arrived Mar-23: MK8 GTI Clubsport, Dolphin, Estorils plus other options