Author Topic: MK 7 Clubsport or 7.5 PP??  (Read 15281 times)

Offline willni

• I live here
Re: MK 7 Clubsport or 7.5 PP??
« Reply #20 on: 12 March 2021, 19:40 »
That is a really nicely specced example in great condition kmpowell, I am sure that will sell very quickly. :)

Each to their own, but I am not about to sell my CS for a 7.5PP. I speak as an ex mk7 PP owner and have driven 7.5 GtiPP & R on a few occasions.

Maybe short term wallet comes into it, but In 2-5 years time which car will be worth more? :)

The good thing about a golf is if you want to see what way the prices will eventually go, look to it's predecessors.

Mk2 G60/Rallye, Mk4 R32, Mk5 Edition 30/R32 all highly praised cars at the time of release then dropped way down in price, (£1,600 in the case of the Mk2 Rallye now selling at £35K+). Although I wouldn't buy a mk7 as an investment unless you plan on keeping it 20+ years and not driving it  :grin:

If I could have found a Clubsport (that wasn't white...) I'd have got one over my 7.5PP but I'd have had to add 20/30k miles and £2-3k.
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline Yusee

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 12 March 2021, 21:06 »
For a daily i suppose a 7.5PP, with all the modern toys, but the draw of a limited edition CS40, something a VW enthusiast in the know would doff his cap to is something which appeals.

If you want the VW enthusiast’s view, watch andrew chapple’s video comparing 7PP v CSS:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MckrfwLY0sA

In answer to your original post, the 7.5PP is the better buy imho, and you should only buy the ed40 if you just want it!
2018 Golf GTI Performance  5dr manual, Isaac blue
1988 Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9, 2022 Triumph Street Triple R, 2016 Seat Alhambra.

Offline Paul70

• Here all the time
« Reply #22 on: 13 March 2021, 16:20 »
I would take the time and search for an ED40, I am sure you will find one to your liking. Prices seemed to have fallen since the start of the year.
2016 MK7 Clubsport ED40 3 Door Manual Reflex Silver with Recaros
2013 MK7 GTI Black 5 Door (Non PP)
Long gone -1984 Helios Blue Campaign MK1 GTI

Offline madstaff

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 13 March 2021, 17:07 »
Thanks again for all the replies and useful comments, it makes for some interesting reading.  :smiley:
Gradually learning more and more about the CS.
2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #706.

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 14 March 2021, 12:20 »
That is a really nicely specced example in great condition kmpowell, I am sure that will sell very quickly. :)
A nice man from Ireland saw my posts on here... and this morning, after a FaceTime walk around the car viewing, has agreed to buy it at the full asking price, so it didn't even hit Autotrader etc

Happy, but a bit sad at the same time. :smiley:
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 14 March 2021, 13:00 »
Thanks again for all the replies and useful comments, it makes for some interesting reading.  :smiley:
Gradually learning more and more about the CS.

If you can find the right spec CS I’d go for that every time. Good luck.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Jason b

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #26 on: 14 March 2021, 17:42 »
A nice man from Ireland saw my posts on here... and this morning, after a FaceTime walk around the car viewing, has agreed to buy it at the full asking price, so it didn't even hit Autotrader etc

Lovely example , I have admired it for a while . Its the sort of next step for me but i am still quite content with my mk7
May i ask what are you replacing it with ?
Night blue MK7 GTI keyless winter pack nav camers etc very partial to a Ducati and a Fs1e.A serial Le Mans 24 attendee 13 starts in a row to date

Offline madstaff

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 14 March 2021, 18:31 »

Thats the way to do it, although I don't think I'm brave enough to buy a car just on watching a video viewing.
2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #706.

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.

Offline clubsport

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 14 March 2021, 20:25 »

Nice work! :)

An easy sale and good on the buyer for taking the initiative to get in so quickly, it could have taken a while for another car of that spec & quality to come up for sale!

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #29 on: 14 March 2021, 21:00 »
Tbh that's a cracking price for a well looked after fully loaded car.

I'm not surprised someone bit your arm off.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC