Poll

What version of software is your car running?

7 (8.8%)
24 (30%)
11 (13.8%)
11 (13.8%)
Something else
27 (33.8%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Author Topic: Mk8 software version poll  (Read 100274 times)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: Mk8 software version poll
« Reply #270 on: 28 July 2021, 07:55 »
Turn eco assist off, also every time you start the car you need to turn off lane assist if you don't want to be dragged around.

Try that.

As for the errors, the pop and sos error need fixing by the dealer... Common fault.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline GTD1414

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #271 on: 28 July 2021, 13:57 »
I emailed my dealer a list of 10 ongoing issues that have not been solved.
Its booked in again for their head tech to have another good look and for me to demonstrate the issues.

My GTI is leased through VWFS, not sure where I would be in terms of rejecting the car could someone copy the email here for VWUK complaints or do I go to VWFS?

So far its been in 4 times previously, with 16 days in total, this will be its 5th time in.

andrew.savvas@volkswagen.co.uk

Many thanks for that. Have you got a contact email for VWFS complaints also? My car is leased through them.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #272 on: 28 July 2021, 13:58 »
Many thanks for that. Have you got a contact email for VWFS complaints also? My car is leased through them.

Log onto their portal.... you can contact them from there.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Offline wizzywig27

• Not said much yet
« Reply #273 on: 28 July 2021, 14:30 »
I emailed my dealer a list of 10 ongoing issues that have not been solved.
Its booked in again for their head tech to have another good look and for me to demonstrate the issues.

My GTI is leased through VWFS, not sure where I would be in terms of rejecting the car could someone copy the email here for VWUK complaints or do I go to VWFS?

So far its been in 4 times previously, with 16 days in total, this will be its 5th time in.

andrew.savvas@volkswagen.co.uk

michael.todd@vwfs.co.uk

Offline wizzywig27

• Not said much yet
« Reply #274 on: 29 July 2021, 12:17 »
So I heard back from VWFS today, great outcome. Offered me some discount on my PCP. Also told me software update was due Q4

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #275 on: 09 August 2021, 16:27 »
So some recent updates from me on this....

Am on 1668 for the last couple of months now.

Had several double pop/clicks and the SOS system reboot. Weirdly these seem to occur at very specific places - luckily nowhere near home but definitely location based. When this happens you see the whole connection to VW reboot itself (same system for SOS as the e-sim) and the weird thing is that after this reboot the nav directions on the HUD disappear until the next time you restart the entire car. In fact the whole HUD menu goes awol from the unit.

Today I also had a SOS unit fail, take it to the workshop message.  Foolishly tried fixing it by rebooting the MIB, this resulted in an endless "loading settings" screen and the car coming up with weird speed limit indicators and doing the driving on the right thing.

Basically had no systems other than the dash for an hour plus journey home. Nice.

Despite getting a brand new phone the other week, the bluetooth continues to not connect most of the time - having to resort to my MacroDroid routines to make it work (I have one that when it starts charging it tries to connect to the car bluetooth - feed the phone into the wireless charger triggers the connection! Easier than fiddling with the phone while driving...)

Unlock on entry still doesn't work unless you approach from the rear of the vehicle, even then its about 80% going to work.

Getting a bit fed up with it if I'm honest.

Offline Foxy367

• Here all the time
  • Here All Week
« Reply #276 on: 09 August 2021, 16:59 »
Mine has started now hit 1000 miles then boom!

Already had the speaker pop and reboot SOS though weirdly not at the same points, but then on the way home from work the other day it did the SOS book it into the workshop thing which cleared when I left the car and returned to it. I've booked it into VW for after the holiday to look at a list of things which I suspect are related:

• Temperature sync
  • Speaker pops opening the door
  • Sporadic Keyless entry as with yours it auto opens as I approach it from the rear
  • Road Recognition - Turned it on to try it knowing it was going in and surprise surprise read a 60mph road sign as 37 and braked the car. It got truned off again straight away
  • It also slowed me from overtaking a car in the left hand lane today on the motorway but was then fine for the rest of the journey with the cruise on
  • My E-Sim seems to have gone AWOL too the world symbol has been grey since last week so all of the online stuff has disappeared

I really hope this isn't a sign of things to come and any pangs of regret start to slip into the buying experience as otherwise the car is an absolute diamond and I love it to bits!  :cry:

NB I'm still at 1666 software
Current - Awaiting a milkfloat
Previously
2021 Mk8 GTI Clubsport - Atlantic Blue
2017 MK7.5 GTI Performance - Tornado Red
First steps into Golf ownership -
2003 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Oceanic Green
2002 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Reflex silver

Offline wizzywig27

• Not said much yet
« Reply #277 on: 10 August 2021, 08:49 »
Update on mine:

Went in last Thursday for a speaker replacement due to popping/cracking noise - despite me telling him it was SOS module related he insisted it was faulty. Weirdly on the way to the dealer my car logged me in as it normally does, then logged me out, I then logged back in and it loaded settings then it logged me out again and since then I've not been able to log back in (I have only driven it three times since then so not had a chance really) however when I did try it just kept telling me it was unavailable or wrong or words to that affect.

Thing is until I am logged in I cant check if the speaker is now working as, because I am logged in as a guest its not tracking my position and accessing the internet anyway.

Strangely I don't get any messages on the dash when my speaker pops, I did notice the light goes off on the SOS module though. I did speak to a service manager and he told me that they have problems when cars go past electricity sub-stations causing the connection to drop, funny enough where mine drops every time I do drive past a sub-station.....

Car is going back in for a car seat that squeals like a pig whenever I sit on it.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #278 on: 10 August 2021, 11:56 »
When you get the pop-pop noise the light goes out on the overhead SOS control, the globe and the location services icons dissapear from the MIB and then as the system reboots you get a message pop up on the dash saying "SOS emergency call system active" (or something like that). I can't remember if the globe and location icons reappear - certainly the HUD nav direction indicator doesn't!

It takes a few minutes from start to finish.

This is different to the SOS unit fault message, which brings up a yellow fault light on the dash.

Offline phope

• I live here
« Reply #279 on: 10 August 2021, 14:12 »
There is a separate software update campaign under reference 91BU for certain Golf 8 models and online functionality - see attached - perhaps enquire at a dealer to see if your specific car is included in the scope.

Golf Mk8 R order cancelled...awaiting company car instead
Tiguan 1.5 Elegance for the wife & dogs
Skoda 1.5 SEL cheap lease special