Author Topic: Headlight Range - Adjustment  (Read 40273 times)

Offline martin998877

• GTI forum regular
Re: Headlight Range - Adjustment
« Reply #20 on: 30 September 2019, 20:21 »
I bought a long allen key for £3 from Amazon, and have adjusted the lights every few days, upwards,  one turn each side, then tested it.  After 4.5 turns up, the lights seem perfect, clipping a flat road about 150 ft in front of the car.

Note there are two white adjusters, the up / down one is much lower down behind the light cluster than the upper R/L one.

Many thanks for the idea.
Golf GTi Mark 7 owner

Offline Splashalot

• Here all the time
« Reply #21 on: 01 October 2019, 01:56 »

Note there are two white adjusters, the up / down one is much lower down behind the light cluster than the upper R/L one.

On my 7.5 the headlights height adjustment is on top of the light housing, not down low at the rear. 
1972 Turquoise Superbug S; 1978 Miami Blue Golf GLS; 2007 Mk5 Tornado Red Golf GTI; 2017 Golf 7.5 Trendline Tungsten Silver 1.4ltr 110TSi with DAP; 2018 Tornado Red GTI with DAP.  All MT.  Current: 2021 Mini Cooper SE, British racing green.

Offline martin998877

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #22 on: 01 October 2019, 09:26 »

On my 7.5 the headlights height adjustment is on top of the light housing, not down low at the rear.

Many thanks, I have a 7.0 with bi-xenon, the height adjusters are lower down at the rear of the unit.  The 7.5 with LED headlights has the up / down adjuster at the top then, so easier to get to!

Golf GTi Mark 7 owner

Offline Splashalot

• Here all the time
« Reply #23 on: 07 December 2019, 03:53 »
I have the LED fancy-pants headlights on my 7.5 and have adjusted the low beam up to a safe level.  However, now the high beam is aimed too high for my liking.

There is, as far as I can see, only one adjustment screw on these 7.5 LEDs - a white unit on top of the rear housing, which it appears adjusts both low and high beams in unison. 

Is there a separate adjusting screw for high beam, independent of low beam?  Or is the height relationship between low and high beam fixed?
1972 Turquoise Superbug S; 1978 Miami Blue Golf GLS; 2007 Mk5 Tornado Red Golf GTI; 2017 Golf 7.5 Trendline Tungsten Silver 1.4ltr 110TSi with DAP; 2018 Tornado Red GTI with DAP.  All MT.  Current: 2021 Mini Cooper SE, British racing green.

Offline Barb351

• Just got here
« Reply #24 on: 20 December 2019, 13:16 »
I have the same headlights. Garage says they are within spec but on dip they only shine about two car length in front. Would be very interested in replies to your post.
2019 7.5 red Golf 1.5 TSi GT Editions DSG

Offline Al1040

• Here all the time
« Reply #25 on: 02 January 2020, 15:55 »
I have a 7.5 and can also confirm that both height adjusters are at the top (white allen keys & standard lights). One full turn anti-clockwise was the max for me with the odd on-coming car flashing. Still not great, but much better
67 Plate Mk 7.5 GTD DSG

Offline Nilz

• Not said much yet
« Reply #26 on: 07 November 2023, 23:49 »
I know its an old thread, but I always thought the lights were not great on my 7.5.  Took it for an MOT last week and got told that the lights were aiming down and way off where they were meant to be, had them adjusted by the tester and they are a lot better now and more noticeable now the evenings are getting darker too.