Author Topic: DTUK CRD-T BOX -- GTD 240BHP??  (Read 70608 times)

Offline virginVWman

• Here all the time
Re: DTUK CRD-T BOX -- GTD 240BHP??
« Reply #30 on: 09 July 2014, 17:52 »
Lastly I was a bit concerned I was gonna connect the wrong plug to the wrong sensor, I'm guessing these can only go in one way? The rail and boost plug both look very similar?
Cdnt agree more with that statement. Presume car wont start or move if youve not connected it properly. Im thinking if i have or not as i cdnt even beat an insignia cdti 2.0 smashing it from 3rd and in to 4th at some ehhh high speeds. Even if hes chipped his from 160bhp i should smash him with 249...so why havent i?
Mk VII 3dr GTD in DBP
Fitted DTUK Stage 2 (CRD-T)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #31 on: 09 July 2014, 18:00 »
Those plugs are ever so slightly different, you can't mix the 2 up and get a proper connection. If you unplug the box, just make sure the car has powereddown for 5 mins (if you listen carefully you can still hear a slight electric buzz from under the bonnet for a few mins after you've locked up - you can definitely hear it click off). I usually pop the bonnet, lock the car and leave it 5 mins before disconnecting or reconnecting the box. The extra power is definitely epic, the car will feel so dull without it when you drive it in for service/warranty work. As long as you don't significantly change your driving style (just get up to speed faster), you shouldn't see your mpg appreciably down on stock.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline TheCarMadDad

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #32 on: 09 July 2014, 18:26 »
So the blanking plug will just revert it to standard without the need to disconnect the supplied cable monkey?
2014 Mk7 Golf GTD 5dr | Tornado Red | Keyless Entry | Climate Comfort Screen > Which means I also have the ATP. Also fitted with DTUK Stage 2 box ...Loving every second behind the wheel!

Previous...
2008 Toyota Prius T Spirit (fastest 0-15mph car I have ever owned :p )
2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SW
2003 Lexus IS300
2002 Seat Leon Cupra R

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #33 on: 09 July 2014, 20:35 »
So the blanking plug will just revert it to standard without the need to disconnect the supplied cable monkey?

Yes. Only time I've wanted to disconnect is going to the dealership, so I've always disconnected the whole thing.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #34 on: 10 July 2014, 19:38 »
Sooo... The box arrived today. Have to say I'm very impressed with the service. Went on the live chat on the website around 2:30pm yesterday, ordered by 3pm and it arrived on my doorstep at 9:10am today!

What does it come in it, are they still doing the forum discount?
I think in its original set up 2nd is quite flat and you have to really work at it to get it going. So good news if the box helps with that.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline TheCarMadDad

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #35 on: 10 July 2014, 19:38 »
Did a couple of 0-60 runs today. The vid didn't turn out so good as the angle on the clocks was too low and I had a reflection from the sun. Anyway, Best I managed was 6.6 seconds. Well happy with that! Road was totally flat with TC on and in sport mode. Will have to do it again though cos like I mentioned the vid came out p1ss poor :(
2014 Mk7 Golf GTD 5dr | Tornado Red | Keyless Entry | Climate Comfort Screen > Which means I also have the ATP. Also fitted with DTUK Stage 2 box ...Loving every second behind the wheel!

Previous...
2003 Lexus IS300
2002 Seat Leon Cupra R

Offline TheCarMadDad

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #36 on: 10 July 2014, 19:54 »
Sooo... The box arrived today. Have to say I'm very impressed with the service. Went on the live chat on the website around 2:30pm yesterday, ordered by 3pm and it arrived on my doorstep at 9:10am today!

What does it come in it, are they still doing the forum discount?
I think in its original set up 2nd is quite flat and you have to really work at it to get it going. So good news if the box helps with that.

Comes in a DTUK branded box with the tuning box, split cable specific to your car, detailed instructions, couple of zip ties and a torx screw bit.

The box definitely helps with 2nd. In standard form I thought 2nd and 3rd were ok. With the box however all the gears give so much more, especially 4th/5th/6th. On a side note I really rate the continental tyre that came with the car. Really do have a lot of grip!

I would say the forum discount is still on as I got the discount couple of days ago, but would get Andrew to confirm it before mind...
« Last Edit: 10 July 2014, 19:59 by TheCarMadDad »

Previous...
2003 Lexus IS300
2002 Seat Leon Cupra R

Offline Andrew@DTUK

• Forum Supporter
  • Here all the time
« Reply #37 on: 10 July 2014, 20:01 »
We've just renewed our forum sponsorship for another year the so the deal is still on

£80 off the full RRP by using the discount code GTD80 online, or by calling us on 01207299538
Are you looking to tune your Golf GTI or GTD? Were currently offering members £80 off the full RRP on all DTUK Petrol and Diesel Tuning Systems.

PM me for the discount code

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #38 on: 10 July 2014, 23:42 »
Thanks carmaddad.
Cheers Andrew I'll be in touch. Probably at the end of the month.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #39 on: 11 July 2014, 10:34 »
Good to hear that a decent set of tyres really helps the 0-62 times and second gear performance, will probably have to replace the Bridgestones sooner to take advantage. Can hardly believe VW would put those sh!tty tyres on and ruin bottom end performance on a £26K car.