Author Topic: GTi - Price Increase  (Read 7804 times)

Offline Jay

• Forum addict
  • balding fat cvnt
Re: GTi - Price Increase
« Reply #10 on: 02 May 2009, 13:26 »
You're moaning about £15 when you are about to spend over £22k  :huh:
Passat B5.5 2.3 V5 170, with all the extras.

Want some online storage? Click here to sign up for a Dropbox account.

But for the purest engine experience, displacement has no replacement. All other methods are simply attempts to artificially recreate the benefits of displacement.

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #11 on: 02 May 2009, 14:39 »

If you actually read anything of what was said, or took a moment to understand it, its not the price thats the problem, its the principle of upping it by that amount when there was no need to on a car that is already way overpriced. Wither it's a tax issue or a money rate issue, VW should have left it alone.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline Jay

• Forum addict
  • balding fat cvnt
« Reply #12 on: 02 May 2009, 18:53 »
I have understood what was said. If you are that annoyed with it, tell the dealer, I'm sure they'll knock it off for you. Afterall it is only £15.
Passat B5.5 2.3 V5 170, with all the extras.

Want some online storage? Click here to sign up for a Dropbox account.

But for the purest engine experience, displacement has no replacement. All other methods are simply attempts to artificially recreate the benefits of displacement.

Offline dubcruiser

• I live here
  • Audi A3 SB S-Line 2.0T Quattro 2007
« Reply #13 on: 02 May 2009, 22:38 »

I agree... I would be more embarrassed to ask for £15 off. I'd be asking £1500 ! :shocked:

If you actually read anything of what was said, or took a moment to understand it, its not the price thats the problem, its the principle of upping it by that amount when there was no need to on a car that is already way overpriced. Wither it's a tax issue or a money rate issue, VW should have left it alone.

VW make cars to make money.... I am sure the thousands of future owners of Mk6 GTi's won't of even of noticed the price increase so VW will happily collect all those extra £15's!!  Oh and they will probably increase it again in a couple of months ready for September registrations!  :wink:
« Last Edit: 02 May 2009, 22:40 by dubcruiser »
Scott

Golf GTi 180bhp 6 Speed 2003, Tornado Red, Electric Sunroof, Climatronic, Winter Pack, Black Leather, Santa Monica Alloys, Centre Arm Rest, 6 Disc Changer, R-Tech Remap (Now Sold)
Audi A3 Sportback S-Line 2.0T Quattro 2007, Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, Auto Lights, Auto Wipers, iPod Prep, Interior Light Pack

Offline kdiz

• Here all the time
« Reply #14 on: 02 May 2009, 22:59 »
£22,400 for a golf, thats insane. I think I would pay £8000 more and get a mint 2nd hand BMW M6

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
« Reply #15 on: 03 May 2009, 01:01 »
Odd that they didn't hike the price by the £1000 that the SMMT have to discount on the scrappage scheme.

No point being caught with your trousers down by the Government now, is there?
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline DarnPB

• I live here
  • Formerly Darnpistonbroke
« Reply #16 on: 08 May 2009, 23:15 »

If you think it is overpriced, then why would you be willing to pay that much?? :huh: A car is worth what you are willing to pay, thus, it would not be overpriced in your opinion.

THE FORUMS NUMBER ONE ANTI-FOOTBALL FAN!!!

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #17 on: 08 May 2009, 23:22 »

after all it is a 0.067% price increase... this is something to be concerned about Jay  :rolleyes:

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 09 May 2009, 01:27 »

after all it is a 0.067% price increase... this is something to be concerned about Jay  :rolleyes:

It should be for you when it comes to upgrading your sh!t mk3  :grin:

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 09 May 2009, 01:28 »

If you think it is overpriced, then why would you be willing to pay that much?? :huh: A car is worth what you are willing to pay, thus, it would not be overpriced in your opinion.

:grin: