Author Topic: Hello folks - - new member.  (Read 1298 times)

Offline Rivage01

• Just got here
Hello folks - - new member.
« on: 12 March 2006, 18:59 »
Hi all.  Just come across this site, very good it is too.

I am very much into my Golf GTIs and am a real 80s car fan - I actually have my own business sourcing/selling original and unmolested 80s cars, but I am definitely more genuine enthusiast than wheeler-dealer trader.

I should be concentrating on Porsche 928 and 944/BMW 635CSI/Mercedes 560 SEC which is what I make my living from, however I can't stop buying Mk2 Golf GTIs to return to pristine order.  Currently I am a very happy chappy as have a 1991 GTI Rivage Cabrio, 1989 GTI Mk2 8V, 1996 GTI Mk3 16V and a 1996 Mk3 VR6  all completey factory original and FSH.  I am also in the process of restoring a 1987 GTI Cabrio in Sapphire Blue as my personal car... although the gearbox is giving me grief at present.

Last year I restored a D-reg Mk2 GTI 16V in Monza Blue Metallic to showroom condition which was utterly original, even down to the pre-digital tuning Panasonic stereo, it looked stunning and was correct in every detail.  The sad part is the kid who bought it undid all my hard work by fitting single-headlamp grill, 16 inch alloys, lowering it, etc etc which I was totally miffed by as there very few factory standard early 16Vs knocking about, especially in Monza Blue, but I respect we all have our own tastes...  Besides having sourced my lovely Rivage I am over this now!

I don't know how to upload pix on here but if anyone is at a loose end please check out the "Recent Sales" link on my website  www.the80semporium.co.uk   to see the type of GTIs I am into.  This is not a blatant plug by the way before anyone comments as I am a proper GTI enthusiast!!!

Daniel

Offline Neaty

• Forum addict
Re: Hello folks - - new member.
« Reply #1 on: 12 March 2006, 19:03 »
let me be the first to say hello and welcome to the forum!

good luck on ur cab resotration. If you open an account on www.photobucket.com (free of course) then upload the picture from your pc on to photobucket then simply copy and past the link in the third box under the picture (you'll see what i mean when you do it) on to the text box on here then it displays it! simple as!

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #2 on: 12 March 2006, 19:21 »
how do  :smiley:

Offline vaughny

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 12 March 2006, 20:12 »
hello :smiley:

Offline Agreeable Slick