Author Topic: The G60 discussion thread!  (Read 10304 times)

Offline Dolly

• I live here
Re: The G60 discussion thread!
« Reply #30 on: 15 August 2007, 21:52 »
sorry for sounding completly thick.. BBM?

Offline clipperjay

• I live here
« Reply #31 on: 17 August 2007, 23:22 »
BBM (Bahn Brenner Motorsport) is a company that makes brackets for the conversion into G60, but not sure if they still do them due to the cost and demand for chargers falling or lack of good ones. the last time I checked they still do a kit for a 16V Gti and a MkIII not based upon a G60 though a charger called Lysholm screw chargers more reliable than G60.
Still think you can pick a G60 engine up and you can sort the charger out from Germany for about £400-£500. You have to remember your standard 8V will have different compression on conrods and piston set up (HEAD) Hence cheaper to get a block with head already in place.
Jay
 :smiley:

Offline V5 CSJ

• Just got here
« Reply #32 on: 23 September 2007, 21:52 »
Has anyone else seen the Ralley on ebay priced at around £11000.  I though this was a bit overpriced, what is your thoughts.  How often have you guys seen one like this coming along.  I'm tempted to go for it but not quite financially ready

Offline clipperjay

• I live here
« Reply #33 on: 24 September 2007, 16:02 »
Has anyone else seen the Ralley on ebay priced at around £11000.  I though this was a bit overpriced, what is your thoughts.  How often have you guys seen one like this coming along.  I'm tempted to go for it but not quite financially ready

But mine better spec and the 11Kone was a bit suspect as it was never registered in the UK.

Jay

Offline Chris-White

• I live here
  • Manufactured in Germany. Ruined in Britain.
« Reply #34 on: 18 August 2008, 22:54 »
Anyone fancy talking solid charger belt tensioners, and whats involved with using the rigging screw method?  :smiley:
S4 Avant. Eibach springs. 18" Avus. RS4 Intercoolers. Viper Tuned. Goes Fast.

Offline Dolly

• I live here
« Reply #35 on: 08 September 2008, 22:52 »
if your putting a G60 out of a corrado into a post 90 spec Golf, in order for the rev counter to work... run a wire from the positive side of the coil to, Pin12 on G1.. this is a white plug on the back of the fusebored. its a green wire with yellow trace you need to chop.

just some info as took me a little time to work this out.