Author Topic: How rare is blau schwarz??  (Read 9764 times)

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
Re: How rare is blau schwarz??
« Reply #20 on: 30 December 2009, 17:41 »
"Blue-black metallic" is it's proper UK Name.

Big Bumper GTis came in 3 types of Blue - "Bright blue metallic" (C3), "Royal blue metallic" (Y6) and "Blue-black metallic" (9982).

Now the interesting bit...

"Blue-black metallic" was a 16v only colour, it wasn't even available as a factory option for the 8v. So, if your car is a 8v it is VERY rare indeed! :)

It is a run out model i.e. the last of the line, not sure but maybe a very few 8v came like this to try and sell the last of them. Has electric windows, front and back diskbrakes, power steering and central locking as well
As I said, very rare indeed! :)
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline walchy01

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 01 January 2010, 17:32 »
Hi There

Only bought my 16v last week and although i have owned many over a 15 year period i have never seen one in this colour, i have literally just been outside to check the paint colour in the boot (after reading some of the posts about the colour)  as i was unsure if mine was blue or black or grey and it matches the paint code on here for Blau Schwarz, the colour is rare as mentioned above but mainly on the valvers which mine is, if yours is an 8v you have probably found a rare thing, top find mate, enjoy.... :smiley:

Offline dan_apps

• I live here
  • too low for british roads!
« Reply #22 on: 01 January 2010, 20:25 »
@ OP very nice colour blue that im not usually into the blues but that is :cool:

Offline g20dub

• Just got here
« Reply #23 on: 02 January 2010, 16:41 »
I've just checked my paint code; L52M which is Schwarzblau not blau schwarz (I thought it rung a bell but i had the blau and the schwarz the wrong way round!)