Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2789393 times)

Offline remlapeel

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #3320 on: 17 November 2015, 19:44 »
If we are going with dirty cars I can join that thread......Jesus my car is dirty!!!!!

Such a shame when it used to look like this....

2015 MK7 Golf R 3 door, DSG, lapiz blue, 19" wheels, winter pack, keyless entry, dynaudio and high beam assist.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3321 on: 17 November 2015, 20:03 »
If we are going with dirty cars I can join that thread......Jesus my car is dirty!!!!!

Filthy beast!  Mine looked similar until Sunday bath time. There is a Mk6 Filthy...thread but not sure if there's a Mk7 one.   You should do the honours remlapeel and get one started.  :whistle:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3322 on: 17 November 2015, 20:44 »
^Mine's dirtier than that, but it's lashing it down and dark.

Had stop-start error on the way to work and the way back. Had my first truly phantom ACC slam of the brakes also. Never had that before except when tailgating and just getting a very light tap, but this time we were all doing a sedately 40mph and the car in front was just edging away from me, no white warning preceding it either and the car gave one hell of a bang on the brakes. If the red alert hadn't happened i'd have been convinced that i'd just hit a dead badger in the road. Will be booking it back in.  :sick:
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3323 on: 17 November 2015, 21:49 »

Had stop-start error on the way to work and the way back. Had my first truly phantom ACC slam of the brakes also. Never had that before except when tailgating and just getting a very light tap, but this time we were all doing a sedately 40mph and the car in front was just edging away from me, no white warning preceding it either and the car gave one hell of a bang on the brakes. If the red alert hadn't happened i'd have been convinced that i'd just hit a dead badger in the road. Will be booking it back in.  :sick:

Your R woes go on MH.  :sad:

It's a major event if I get any kind of warning from my front assist, and yet to have it apply the brakes.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3324 on: 17 November 2015, 22:02 »

Your R woes go on MH.  :sad:

It's a major event if I get any kind of warning from my front assist, and yet to have it apply the brakes.

This is turning out to be by far my most sickly VW, but even so, when you drop 6th to 3rd to hammer it, it makes me glad I got one. The only car I could imagine putting a bigger smile on my face right now is a Porsche Cayman, but you're talking big bucks in servicing and other running costs.
« Last Edit: 17 November 2015, 22:14 by monkeyhanger »
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #3325 on: 18 November 2015, 08:35 »
Talking of pranks and bonfire night Rebecca, on the evening of Halloween, no one's quite sure who and when exactly, but one of my neighbours up the road had his Audi A5 damaged. And by damaged I mean his 06 plate S-Line A5 sport back was keyed down to the metal from about an inch from the rear light, the full length of the car to the headlight, so every panel on the drivers side of the car. Absolutely sickening.

He came home from work around 7.45pm with the car in perfect nick, parked up (on the road where people pass by as his driveway is being re-laid), and at 7.30am in the morning he noticed this ! What an absolute bar steward whoever they were, and I hope Karma comes around and they get theirs !   
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #3326 on: 18 November 2015, 10:08 »
Today I'll be giving the car a nice drive up to my mum's in west Norfolk, about 140 miles. So if any Norfolk forumites see a red 15 plate GTI 3 door being driven by a balding (hair is so yesterday - literally in my case!) bespectacled middle aged bloke driving like a vicar, then give me a wave! If it helps, here's a photofit -  :nerd: (perhaps more of a grimace though.)
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Eccie

• Here all the time
  • Keyless & Penniless
« Reply #3327 on: 18 November 2015, 14:28 »
Gone all 'Hardcore' today and 'winterized' my golf - well I put the winter wheels on and rubber mats in the front  :grin:

It's still sitting high and will settle when it get's driven, It'll be interesting to see what the ride is like on 17"

« Last Edit: 18 November 2015, 14:30 by Eccie »

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3328 on: 18 November 2015, 16:23 »
Today I'll be giving the car a nice drive up to my mum's in west Norfolk, about 140 miles. So if any Norfolk forumites see a red 15 plate GTI 3 door being driven by a balding (hair is so yesterday - literally in my case!) bespectacled middle aged bloke driving like a vicar, then give me a wave! If it helps, here's a photofit -  :nerd: (perhaps more of a grimace though.)

:grin: :grin: :grin:

I wish I could work photoshop right now!
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #3329 on: 18 November 2015, 19:04 »
Excellent ride up to Norfolk, saw a red GTI on the M11 going south and saw another red one in my mum's village. Good steady run, not too much traffic, about 80 motorway miles, 60 miles on single carriageway A roads and averaged 43mpg. Very happy with that! Had to drop my mum's elderly neighbour at her hairdressers so my mum was in the back (mines a 3 door). She was struggling to get out and ended up with her derriere wedged into the rear floor between the seats :grin: I wish I'd had my camera handy! I made her get in their again on the off chance she'd repeat it but no such luck..
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.