Author Topic: Do you get many people diss your MK1?  (Read 8204 times)

mix

Re: Do you get many people diss your MK1?
« Reply #50 on: 06 April 2005, 22:09 »
you got any pics???

Offline Bronze MK1 Cab

• I live here
« Reply #51 on: 07 April 2005, 11:10 »
I get the p*ss ripped out of me all the time in my office by everyone and when i get home my missus starts with the 'that bloody red car!!'...I say 'Yes it is red!!'

Up to now I have entered it in a few show n shines and have to date taken,

1. Top Ten place at VWoodstock 04
2. First place at Mk1 meet at gaydon for the best standard Cabby
3. First place at Dub Freeze 05 for best standard Cabby

Each time I win a trophy I take it into work just to get my own back!! When one of the lads starts I have gone back at him with 'how many trophys has your woodwork bench won then??' that usually does the trick!!

No pics (how do you up load??) but see this months Golf+ for the Dub Freeze report, apparently the car is in there I haven't seen it yet!!

Cheers Dano
Hi Dano, I saw your cab at Dubfreeze and it was very nice indeed mate! Glad that you took 1st place  :cool:

Are you going to many other shows this year?

You girlfriend gives you sh1t just like mine then  :rolleyes:

Offline DANO

• Not said much yet
« Reply #52 on: 07 April 2005, 22:28 »
Bronze,
      I have a baby due in 7 weeks !
I think the question should be, "Will you be going to any more shows?" (Full stop!!)

May is out, can't stray too far, June will be changing nappies so maybe BVF at the beginning of July if I am a very very good boy!!! The Mk1 meet is on the 28/8/05, Bank Holiday weekend so I may be able to get that one in but as its my father-in-laws birthday it might be akward as well.  :undecided:

As a bit of mutual appreciation, your cabby looks v.good as well. I had a good nosey round it, mainly looking for brown interiors (see my other posts on ashtray surrounds!). I noted your disapproval of the big ramp too!!

In Golf+ I have managed to queeze in on page16. My mate told me that I was in and got all excited, only to see the size of photo! Nice words though. How did mine beat Roger Worton's G60 though?

As for  'Mrs P's' comments, she has the Mk3 16v to drive and thats just had £300 spent on it for the MOT and thats before the service & cambelt change!! Now watch her go all quite about money!!!!

Thanks, Dano

Offline Bronze MK1 Cab

• I live here
« Reply #53 on: 08 April 2005, 08:21 »
Yeah, I saw the pic and the write up in the Golf +  :cool:

I will be at BVF this year too, so we'll have to meet up for a pint and talk cabbies  :evil: Good luck with the baby mate  :wink:

My interior isn't the best though, I can never get the seats to come up that clean. I really want cream leather, that would be nice  :evil:

What's the mileage on yours? It looked like you had driven it straight from the factory to Dubfreeze  :cool: I've put mine in show and shine a few times, but will just be putting it in the club displays from now on as it's not really up to show and shine standard.

Offline DANO

• Not said much yet
« Reply #54 on: 09 April 2005, 18:08 »
The mileage isn't 100% correct, currently showing 134,000. When I got the car I thought that the needle on the speedo was sticking so I swapped it for a 'newer' one losing about 17,000 miles in the process. I really wish that I hadn't now 'cause it lets the 'genuine' article down a bit.

The outside comes up nice and clean but the engine bay needs work doing to it. I didn't get it sprayed at the same time because it would have been too big-a-job :undecided:, plus the metal cambelt cover and fan mounting are a bit rusty and need to be either repainted or renewed :undecided:

I have just completed a 420 mile round trip from Preston, Lancs to Hitchin, Herts over yesterday & today in the car and it didn't let me down :grin: On the way down I got 39.7mpg and on the way back 34.4. I must say that there was much wind around today so that could have influenced the readings. And it seemed much noiseier with a headacheon the return journey!! :wink:

VWNW will also be another venue that I'll be going to, so if I don't make BVF I'll be at Tatton for sure!!

See you there for a chat!!

Dano