Author Topic: Current Lead times  (Read 15507 times)

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
Re: Current Lead times
« Reply #30 on: 24 August 2018, 08:57 »
Same driving and routes. Normal 7.5 GTI exhausts were heavily sooted after 1-2 weeks. Current one on same commute, no soot even up to 3 weeks.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline watchdog

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #31 on: 24 August 2018, 20:11 »
Aye, just ordered and put deposit down on a factory build at weekend and estimate is for 31 Jan delivery :sad:

Advised today at VW in Manchester that a GTI 245 PP is showing up on the VW data as 27 weeks from order.

Offline neepy7.5

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #32 on: 28 August 2018, 12:01 »
I ordered a 3-door DSG with PP in the last week of July and the dealer showed me the “official” spreadsheet from VW with estimated lead times for all cars and it was showing 16 weeks.

Just spoke with live chat and they informed me I have an unconfirmed build week of week 41. That 16 weeks is looking like a fairly good estimate should that build week be confirmed!
'68 7.5 Golf GTI Performance 3dr DSG, Isaac Blue

Offline indigofever

• Not said much yet
« Reply #33 on: 28 August 2018, 12:15 »
I’ve just been told that most cars are stuck at late January/early Feb for delivery..,

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #34 on: 28 August 2018, 12:50 »
Same driving and routes. Normal 7.5 GTI exhausts were heavily sooted after 1-2 weeks. Current one on same commute, no soot even up to 3 weeks.

Actually it was something I've noticed with my "normal" non Performance package May 2018 GTI. I've never cleaned the exhaust tips (other than wipe them over with my mitt when washing the car), and after 4 months not even a touch of soot on the exhaust tips ? I too thought from what I'd read that they would be more "sooty" then on my GTD which always stayed perfectly clean.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #35 on: 28 August 2018, 13:11 »

Actually it was something I've noticed with my "normal" non Performance package May 2018 GTI. I've never cleaned the exhaust tips (other than wipe them over with my mitt when washing the car), and after 4 months not even a touch of soot on the exhaust tips ? I too thought from what I'd read that they would be more "sooty" then on my GTD which always stayed perfectly clean.

Must have cleaned both models up for 2018! Assuming yours makes the dsg farts as well a just thought it might be related.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline watchdog

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #36 on: 28 August 2018, 19:44 »
I’ve just been told that most cars are stuck at late January/early Feb for delivery..,

I have an order in place since first week August 18 and must admit i do not expect delivery until late January / February 2019 from what i am being told by the retailer.
I've always changed my cars every 2 years (Audi-top of the range A6 re business) and have never experienced this situation i find myself in albeit i accept Audi are part of the same group.  My quality of life is being seriously disrupted with the wait!

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #37 on: 29 August 2018, 09:19 »

I have an order in place since first week August 18 and must admit i do not expect delivery until late January / February 2019 from what i am being told by the retailer.
I've always changed my cars every 2 years (Audi-top of the range A6 re business) and have never experienced this situation i find myself in albeit i accept Audi are part of the same group.  My quality of life is being seriously disrupted with the wait!

Audi lead times are largely the same as VW's - usually about 16-20 weeks. All Audis are factory orders, unless you find dealer stock.

The thing you won't have seen before is the introduction of WLTP.... and that is messing with everyone's production at the moment! Certainly VAG have been reporting more problems than most, I expect due to shared test facilities and the vast model range VAG have across all brands.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #38 on: 29 August 2018, 09:30 »

Audi lead times are largely the same as VW's - usually about 16-20 weeks. All Audis are factory orders, unless you find dealer stock.

The thing you won't have seen before is the introduction of WLTP.... and that is messing with everyone's production at the moment! Certainly VAG have been reporting more problems than most, I expect due to shared test facilities and the vast model range VAG have across all brands.

Yeah, Audi will quite willing to take a new order for an S4 Avant in July quoting November delivery. Then with a little more persuasion admitted that they couldn't actually place the order until Q1 2019 so likely to be Q2. If only dealers could actually tell the truth!
NOW - 330e M Sport

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #39 on: 29 August 2018, 09:44 »
Whilst manufacturers have had since September 2017 to get WLTP type approval testing done, because most OEM's have new models each year I think we've hit the perfect storm of MY changes and the hard deadline of 1st September 2018 for WLTP being a requirement for sale.

Even if VAG had done all of the testing from last September, the MY19 models won't have been tested because they are new NOW.

Obviously they could have spotted this problem, but they haven't. Not sure why when the automotive industry are very good at planning...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC