Author Topic: Air con  (Read 4369 times)

Offline Mattyj

• I live here
Air con
« on: 15 November 2013, 17:08 »
Hi all new to this after being recommended from e38 my gtd's a/c is playing up (obvs not using in winter) it does not blow cold at all my mate has a recharge canister thing with a pressure gauge on it is supposed to be in the green but it was in the red high indicating a problem any ideas? I know it could be just a recharge but anybody had the same probs? Cheers

Offline M3 SHAM

• GTI forum regular
Re: Air con
« Reply #1 on: 03 January 2014, 15:28 »
The air con pump is prone to failure on these.  Have a look under the car there should be a bolt that goes through the middle which should sit flush with the end of the pump.  If it is pertruding or not flush you may need a new pump.  Hopfeully a recharge will sort it as the pumps are quite expensive.

Offline Mattyj

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 03 January 2014, 20:42 »
Cheers budd will look into it

Offline clipperjay

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 18 January 2014, 13:23 »
If the canister is showing red its got too much pressure in it already unless the indicator red means under charge?
If there is a blockage like moisture in the system (Due to leak) it will form micro ice crystals that block the pipes or orifices. The best way to solve air con is to take it to a proper place get them to check for leaks and vacuum out all the old gas and then once its holds pressure or vacuum you know its good. Re charge and it should be golden!   
Unless the pump is gone but highly unlikely but if you run the pump with moisture it will contaminate the oil to lubricate the pump and it will cost more in the end running an A/C system half fixed?

Offline Mattyj

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 20 April 2014, 19:45 »
Yes it said over pressure so hopefully its that simply guy was suppose to do it thursday let me down tho :-/

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 22 April 2014, 22:13 »
Rumour has it the low pressure switches are prone to failure but it might be logged as a fault in the car mind.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.