Author Topic: Get down to the Gadget show live in Birmingham  (Read 5917 times)

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
Get down to the Gadget show live in Birmingham
« on: 04 April 2013, 17:20 »
New Golf goes to the Gadget Show Live 2013

Potential customers get closer look at GTI and experience Park Assist
VW0426-13

Technology fans are turning out in force to get a good look at the New Golf GTI and try the New Golf’s Park Assist at The Gadget Show Live event at the NEC Birmingham this week.

This is the fourth year that we have exhibited at The Gadget Show Live, which is the UK’s largest consumer electronics show and this year runs from 2 to 7 April.

Potential customers and car fans can visit the Volkswagen stand to see the New Golf GTI – the hot hatch’s first public showing in the UK – alongside its GT sibling.

Visitors can also experience the New Golf’s Park Assist technology on a custom-built circuit at the exhibition centre and talk to our product experts on the stand.

Sales Manager
Select Car Leasing West Midlands
Leeevans@selectcarleasing.co.uk
WhatsApp: 07389107119

Former General sales manager at Volkswagen for over 13 years.

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
Re: Get down to the Gadget show live in Birmingham
« Reply #1 on: 04 April 2013, 21:10 »
Sweet!!! :cool:

Always love going the NEC just a shame I can't make this one, but lets hope someone will go and take lots of pics...

So Lee does that mean you will be attending?
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #2 on: 04 April 2013, 21:14 »
I would to of gone but didn't find out about it till today and working rest of the week. I was off earlier in the week as well dammit!
Sales Manager

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 04 April 2013, 22:14 »
Just booked 2 tickets for me and a mate! Cheers Lee 8)

And yes i'll be taking my camera!!! :drool:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 05 April 2013, 08:53 »
Just booked 2 tickets for me and a mate! Cheers Lee 8)

And yes i'll be taking my camera!!! :drool:

Good man Mr J...
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 06 April 2013, 22:47 »
Looking forward to some nice David bailey action  :smiley:
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #6 on: 07 April 2013, 19:34 »
Where on earth are these photo's!
Sales Manager

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 07 April 2013, 19:56 »
Well, tbh i was a little disappointed to find it was the same as the car that appeared at the Geneva motor show, it was a LHD red one with 19" Santiago wheels which i still don't like having seen them in the flesh, for some reason the car doesn't seem to "sit" properly on them :(

The seats are very comfortable and the sponge in them feels softer than my mk6 which is nice and feels better for my build as i have quite wide shoulders, the passenger seat didn't go as low as the drivers seat for some reason, perhaps there is something underneath? The car was in very poor lighting conditions which was a little annoying, i have taken some pictures but tbh there are better pictures online already but i did take a couple of the door and sill lighting which is a nice touch and not too in yer face!

I actually took these with my phone so appologies for how crap they are:

You seem to sit a bit lower in it than the mk6's quite upright feel which gives a more "sporty" feel, the trim pieces in the dash looked darker than i thought from other pictures but that could've been because of the poor lighting.

The DRL's look absolutely fantastic upclose with a very crisp white light and some nice details inside the housing which matches the trim on the dash and the tailights look great too!

The steering wheel feels a little chunkier than mine but i prefer the perforated leather on the 6 compared to the all smooth in the 7.
The GTI seemed to suit the mk7's front end shape better with it's beefy front bumper than other trim levels, talking about the front bumper, this one had the square ADC sensor in it which strangely wasn't too offensive but might be awkward to keep the opening clean.

There is less head room in the back but thats not my problem! >:D

I also noticed that the black trim on the rear window actually continues under the rear spoiler so the spoiler has shiny black plastic underneath, although in some of the pictures from paris and geneva this is not the case and it only has trim either side of the window? I did take a picture with the camera but haven't put those on the laptop yet, that'd be a nightmare to keep looking good!! :sick:

It didn't have dynaudio but i wouldn't have been able to hear it anyway as i think it was still in delivery mode so only the lights were working and no sunroof which again was a little disappointing, there was a GT spec car there as well which did have a sunroof and i can see what some people are saying about the blind being a bit flimsy and see through, hopefully the black GTI/D one will be a little better at keeping the light out?
The LED lighting inside the car although nice looking did't cast anywhere near as much light in the cabin as the normal halogen bulbs in the mk6 but i guess thats just something we'll get used to.

Once i've uploaded the photo's to my laptop i'll post a few more but i think i could do with a better camera!

Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 07 April 2013, 20:03 »
Pics are good jimble keep em coming seat do similar lighting on the doors in the leon
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 07 April 2013, 21:01 »
Good effort Jim,

was it a 5 door? Do the LED strips continue in the back doors or are they a front only thing?
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner