Author Topic: performance pack how would you tell  (Read 7992 times)

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
Re: performance pack how would you tell
« Reply #20 on: 07 April 2013, 20:31 »
The LSD and big brakes will make it SAFER as well as faster.

Agreed and IMHO it will also be an option which will hold most of it's value into the future at resell time, as nearly all modders and potential modders will seek out secondhand GTI's with the Performance Pack.

This is why i choose it,given the choice who would'nt pick the GTI with Performance Pack over the standard GTI  ?

Everyone that is ordering a mk7 without it? ???

Wont you always have this nagging feeling you could have choose the Slightly faster,Slightly better handling and slightly better braking GTI?
Golfgti build quality is average at best.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #21 on: 07 April 2013, 21:11 »
I just ordered one without it, didn't even factor into the equation.  Neither did Sat Nav or Leather!  At the end of the day it's all relative, and all about personal choice and what matters most to you.  Like this new one,  I bought my original GTI purely on looks and what my heart wanted.  It's got performance when I need it or want a bit of fun, but most of the time I just drive very conservatively and enjoy the experience.

Statistics are all well and good. So it goes around the Nurb 13 seconds faster than stock.  How many laps was that averaged over?  Have they released the actual lap times?  Just like the performance figures themselves that's negligible in percentage terms when you consider the length of the course!  I get that it's more about just the numbers, and the LSD and brakes have their benefits.  If you want the bragging rights, and have the driving skills to utilise and appreciate the extra features, go for it :)
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #22 on: 07 April 2013, 21:25 »
The LSD and big brakes will make it SAFER as well as faster.

Agreed and IMHO it will also be an option which will hold most of it's value into the future at resell time, as nearly all modders and potential modders will seek out secondhand GTI's with the Performance Pack.

This is why i choose it,given the choice who would'nt pick the GTI with Performance Pack over the standard GTI  ?

Everyone that is ordering a mk7 without it? ???

Wont you always have this nagging feeling you could have choose the Slightly faster,Slightly better handling and slightly better braking GTI?
Not really, i don't thrash my car anyway and if the standard mk7 handles as well as my mk6 then i'll be happy, i can understand why people would want the performance pack but as Simon said earlier unless your going to drive it like you stole it a lot of the time then you have to question it's value?

I don't think getting to sainbury's a second quicker would bother me! ;D
« Last Edit: 07 April 2013, 21:27 by Jimble »
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #23 on: 07 April 2013, 21:36 »
Not really, i don't thrash my car anyway and if the standard mk7 handles as well as my mk6 then i'll be happy, i can understand why people would want the performance pack but as Simon said earlier unless your going to drive it like you stole it a lot of the time then you have to question it's value?

I don't think getting to sainbury's a second quicker would bother me! ;D

My sentiments exactly.  Like you I don't thrash my car and drive it like I'm on a race track.  All of the extras I chose, I wanted and will appreciate.  If people want and appreciate the performance pack, that's great.  However, they shouldn't just go assuming that their own reasons and justifications spill over to everybody else!
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep