Author Topic: GTI Ordered. Who else has made the jump?  (Read 19596 times)

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
Re: GTI Ordered. Who else has made the jump?
« Reply #20 on: 31 March 2013, 13:18 »
You guys have all got way too much money  :grin:

Offline ROO1

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #21 on: 31 March 2013, 13:33 »
You guys have all got way too much money  :grin:

Since the scrappage scheme cars prices have risen sharply. The world has gone mad. New Focus's are 20k remember
Mk7 Golf GTD on order for 64 plate delivery
5 door
Pure White

Offline ROO1

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #22 on: 02 April 2013, 17:14 »
Even though I paid my deposit last thurs my order has only just been placed today for a GTD. told to expect the car end May
Mk7 Golf GTD on order for 64 plate delivery
5 door
Pure White

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #23 on: 03 April 2013, 12:25 »
My dad has been suffering from car envy so we've placed an order for him too - he's getting a GTD 5DR DSG in Tornado Red (he likes the pearl black but is too tight to cough up £500 for paint). He currently has a MK5 GT 170TDI.

When I rang Pulman up to finalise everything for my dad's (order will be placed today for his), the salesman said he's just had a bulletin to say that colour MFD is coming in soon as a no cost spec upgrade and may be standard by the time we get ours built (hopeful, but not a guarantee - certainly not a dealbreaker for me, nothing i'd be willing to pay for if not). Not sure whether only the GTDs and GTIs will be getting this "upgrade". Others on here have implied that this is a given, but the only literature reference to standard colour screen relates to the radio unit touchscreen. Finally a semi-solid confirmation.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 03 April 2013, 12:36 »
My dad has been suffering from car envy so we've placed an order for him too - he's getting a GTD 5DR DSG in Tornado Red (he likes the pearl black but is too tight to cough up £500 for paint). He currently has a MK5 GT 170TDI. :grin:

When I rang Pulman up to finalise everything for my dad's (order will be placed today for his), the salesman said he's just had a bulletin to say that colour MFD is coming in soon as a no cost spec upgrade and may be standard by the time we get ours built (hopeful, but not a guarantee - certainly not a dealbreaker for me, nothing i'd be willing to pay for if not). Not sure whether only the GTDs and GTIs will be getting this "upgrade". Others on here have implied that this is a given, but the only literature reference to standard colour screen relates to the radio unit touchscreen. Finally a semi-solid confirmation.
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline Aidey

• Here all the time
« Reply #25 on: 03 April 2013, 17:26 »
I would love to order a new Gti, still waiting to hear from my dealership...they said they would contact me when they have details on them.. :cry:
Owner Mk8 ClubSport
Sold Mk8 Golf R....
Sold Gti DSG 2020 Performance Indium Grey .....
Gti Sold... ClubSport Edition 40 , ... Sold Aug 2018....

Offline carotino

• Not said much yet
« Reply #26 on: 03 April 2013, 19:49 »
Not yet.

After 5 door

Limestone
Winter
Discover with voice
Dynaudio
Performance
Camera
4 year warranty
Service

£30,514.

I'd take £29k.
« Last Edit: 03 April 2013, 19:52 by carotino »

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 03 April 2013, 20:31 »
I am thinking now, re-map the existing GTD keep all the hard earned money to fix it, if and when it breaks.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 05 April 2013, 14:14 »
Can I be the first Irish order?!

Well, I haven't signed on the dotted line yet, but I'm very close. Trading my MK6 GTD and my dilemma is, can I go with white again or is that plain silly?! None of the other colours really float my boat apart from maybe red or the carbon grey (but that means paying for metallic!). I keep looking at my own car and how crisp and sharp it looks in white... it's been so easy to keep compared to the darker metallics I was used to and still looks factory fresh after 2 years.

Anyway, over here the standard spec isn't anywhere near as good as you guys get. Xenons, 18's and climate control are still very costly options!

So this is what I'm going for:
- 3DR White/Red GTI, Manual
- xenons
- 18's
- climate
- Half leather / alancantara (seats look like ED30 seats)
- Basic NAV
- privacy glass

I'm also hoping to get the rear camera, but for some reason it isn't showing up on the options list on the dealers configurator for the GTI. But it is available on the lesser models. Very strange indeed. Is the rear camera an option in the UK?

MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline mk7gti

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 05 April 2013, 14:34 »
I have owned two White Sciroccos Joe and decided to go for white in the GTI as its such a nice colour. I did consider red but decided there is to much red in the new GTI.

I feel your pain I used to live in Dublin and the Irish car specs are cack at best. How much are you being fleeced for the GTI in Ireland?

Joe would you not consider an import from N.Ireland and pay the VAT/VRT im not sure if this still works out cheaper as im out of touch?

MK7 GTI - Deep Pearl Black - Standard Spec - Ordered 10/12/2015.

MK7 GTI - White - Standard Spec - Service Pack - Collected 11/09/2013.