Author Topic: How good my lights are!  (Read 2660 times)

Offline tomocr

• Not said much yet
Re: How good my lights are!
« Reply #20 on: 11 May 2005, 10:50 »
Erm, what would happen if i just stuck in the 80/100W filaments with a satndard loom on a MK2 Gti?  Would my Gti fry?  Aye?

Offline Gambit

• Forum addict
« Reply #21 on: 11 May 2005, 11:58 »
yep they would fry

Offline Dizzie

• Forum addict
  • Make friends with your fast
« Reply #22 on: 11 May 2005, 12:23 »
Gibby,  you connect 2 hoops connectors to the battery. 2 new H4 plugs plug onto your blubs and 2 spade connectors push into your old loom on the battery side. I would use male H4 plugs, but I haven't found anywhere in the UK that sells them :(

Took me about 10 mins in the dark to fit one to a mates car. He was using 60/55w phillips bulbs and I'm sure his is brighter than mine.

If you use 100w bulbs without this loom it will melt the original loom which will be a pain to replace as it's all routed through the car!

There's no law about how bright your lights can be as long as the bulbs are E marked. All the new cars with Xenons are brighter than ours!

For the MOT they only check the alignment not the brightness so you won't blind others unless your lights aren't aimed right or you just want to anyway if they're using their fogs in the day! :D
Mk4 Golf 150PD

Offline Dizzie

• Forum addict
« Reply #23 on: 11 May 2005, 12:23 »
oh, and they're £30 + £4 P&P.
Mk4 Golf 150PD

Offline GTI EDITION (aka LTD)

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 11 May 2005, 12:30 »
I trust you're using relays  ans separate fuses ( couldn't see them mentioned in post )  :huh:

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=topn&cat=19378

Does my arse look TOO BIG (to fit) in this (forum).... or was it something I said ?

Offline Dizzie

• Forum addict
« Reply #25 on: 11 May 2005, 13:20 »
of course I'm using relays, but there's no point in 2 fuses. Only 1 relay is ever working at a time, plus to theorectialy blow the 20A in there you'd have to run silly watt bulbs. 100w would never blow it.
Mk4 Golf 150PD