Author Topic: Coil packs  (Read 16905 times)

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
Re: Coil packs
« Reply #20 on: 27 July 2009, 11:14 »
it might be your amp unit on side air box it sends power to each ciol pack move pack to another cylinder if it sparks its your amp unit 150 euro

Only on the AGU engine  :wink:

MKIV Mod Squadâ„¢ a part of the headlight police.

Offline Wurzel

• Here all the time
« Reply #21 on: 19 June 2010, 11:23 »
Some info for non-turbo 1.8 owners, the coil pack is not the same as the turbo 1.8. In the turbo there is a separate one that fits over each spark plug, but in the non-turbo the coilpack is at the front of the engine like the 1.6 and 1.4 and maybe the 2.0 as well.
1999 mk4 1.8 n/a AGN Silver Grey
***Looking for one 16 inch wheel, Montreal 2*** and a rear parcel shelf (without speaker holes!)

Offline l555omy

• Not said much yet
« Reply #22 on: 25 June 2010, 20:28 »
Had a remap last week, got home and she was missing - coil pack , the next day same again came on boost - engine management light came on and missing thats 2 coil packs . today there is a hesitation beetween 3-4k revs - vag com'd the old girl and shes in need of another coil pack so thats 3 in one week !!! at least i now know that the ones ive replaced wont go again for a good while :evil:

Offline munks

• Not said much yet
  • Hey everybody come see how good i look!
« Reply #23 on: 13 July 2010, 22:40 »
coil paks normally go all around the same time as they are fitted in the factory at the same time.  :rolleyes:
save time and change all 4!  :wink:

Offline Alfamack

• Not said much yet
« Reply #24 on: 31 August 2010, 12:33 »
Coil pack No3 went, replaced and remapped at the same time. Two weeks later, No1 goes, one week later No2 goes so also got No4 replaced at the same time. Hoping to be the end of it so i can save the cash for some more goodies
2001 MkIV 1.8T. Indigo Blue Pearl. Custom Code stage 1 remap. G60 Flywheel conversion