Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2846202 times)

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #10180 on: 16 April 2020, 17:02 »
Definitely, but not as much. The second accident (agreed as not my fault) didn't make much difference. I've had three renewals since then and I've had to pay enhanced premiums through no fault of mine. Pretty happy with the cheque today though!

Always nice to get a cheque in the post!

Pity the banks are closed though for paying it in!  :shocked:

Have a look - some banks you can pay a cheque in using your mobile. I've got one to pay in but it's above my banks £500 limit for the system.
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #10181 on: 16 April 2020, 17:17 »
Definitely, but not as much. The second accident (agreed as not my fault) didn't make much difference. I've had three renewals since then and I've had to pay enhanced premiums through no fault of mine. Pretty happy with the cheque today though!

Always nice to get a cheque in the post!

That had occurred!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #10182 on: 16 April 2020, 19:12 »
Depends who you bank with, pretty much all the well known forward thinking banks allow you to pay cheques in using their App. Lloyds, Halifax, Starling etc etc

:)
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #10183 on: 16 April 2020, 19:23 »
Most banks near me are open from 10am 'til 2pm.
7.5 GTD

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #10184 on: 17 April 2020, 00:19 »
Some good news there Watts, spend it wisely!

Today I decided I’d make the most of the sunshine and dig out my old Clubsport’s Belvederes to wash them as they’ve been in dry storage for 2.5 years!
It was the first time I’d seen the TCR for a few weeks as I’ve been using my other car for work giving the poor GTI a rest. I’d cleaned it prior to laying it up and on lifting the garage door today it was resplendent in faint cat paw print patterns!   :rolleyes: Something has been making good use of the Golf at least!

So, shiny or matt? What do we prefer?
I’ll put the things up for sale when this Covid thing eases off (assuming I’m still around!)
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #10185 on: 17 April 2020, 08:30 »
Really do like the Belvelderes. Was very close to getting a set for mine. Just look a little lost on some models but seem to suit the normal GTI very well.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #10186 on: 17 April 2020, 08:55 »
Has to be Reifnitz on the TCR. I really like the Belvederes but the design just doesn't suitin this instance.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #10187 on: 17 April 2020, 14:33 »
Wash day, first for 7 weeks and it was pretty disgusting :embarrassed: It still needs a decontamination and a polish but that'll have to wait for another day. Finished it off with FinishKare QD, a final buff with Dodo Juice Fantastic Fur and Gtechniq C2v3 on all the glass. A bit of a dull day but fairly sure it'd look great in the sun!

2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #10188 on: 17 April 2020, 14:50 »
Fitted the Skoda washer bottle funnel-cap. Added 10psi to the tyres. Ran the engine until the oil temp got to 100’C and moved the car back and forward again a few times. Left it parked with the brake off and an old Pro-Lock steering wheel bar thing fitted. Soaked off a few splats of bird sh!t. Cleaned front and rear screens.

It’s not going anywhere soon! 🙁
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline Yusee

• I live here
« Reply #10189 on: 17 April 2020, 17:12 »
There must be quite a lot of automotive foreplay going on. Mine was also reversed out of the garage for a good clean, all the usual checks then back in.
I’m pretty pleased with how the paint has held up over 11k miles- a few barely visible stone chips but otherwise mint. I still love the colour.
Tyres have around 3mm front, 5mm rear, so I’m nearly at the point of getting some PS4s. I think I’ll get a set of 4, and decide what to do with the rear BSs.

@exonian. My vote is belvederes- very nice. If I get bored of my parkers I may consider a set.
2018 Golf GTI Performance  5dr manual, Isaac blue
1988 Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9, 2022 Triumph Street Triple R, 2016 Seat Alhambra.