Author Topic: Oh deer  (Read 4658 times)

Offline P6GTD

• Here all the time
Re: Oh deer
« Reply #30 on: 27 March 2024, 12:36 »
How are you getting on?
2019 5Dr Mk7.5 Performance DSG. Indium Grey with DCC (and TCR spoiler)

(Previously two Mk7 GTIs, Mk6 GTI and Mk6 GTD)

Offline oryx3dr

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #31 on: 29 March 2024, 09:18 »
Due to get it back next Thursday after endless chasing with the garage. I ended up getting £75 compensation out of them due to a very dirty courtesy car and poor communication from the garage, which I suppose is something
Current - 2020 Black Golf GTI Performance Pack DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Climate Windscreen, Brescia's
Sold - 2017 MK7 Oryx White 3dr GTI
Sold - 2019 Up GTI

Offline oryx3dr

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #32 on: 02 April 2024, 08:51 »
Well the car is allegedly due to be returned this Thursday, I've just checked out the progress portal and it still hasn't updated since the 18th so I have 0 faith that I'll be seeing the car this week.
Current - 2020 Black Golf GTI Performance Pack DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Climate Windscreen, Brescia's
Sold - 2019 Up GTI

Offline P6GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #33 on: 02 April 2024, 16:56 »
Hang in there!
2019 5Dr Mk7.5 Performance DSG. Indium Grey with DCC (and TCR spoiler)

(Previously two Mk7 GTIs, Mk6 GTI and Mk6 GTD)

Offline oryx3dr

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #34 on: 05 April 2024, 12:46 »
The car is back at last, a day later than was promised with no apology given. Repair wise everything seems fine although there’s been no attention to detail. I was told the car would be machined polished before being handed back however it doesn’t look like this has been done. There is small white scratches in various places, these could’ve been there before but not to my knowledge. The driver side floor mat had moody boot marks from where it had been moved around, I would’ve expected these to have been cleaned and paper protectors put down.

All in all a really terrible experience, at least the car is back now but paying the excess was a bitter pill to swallow.
Sold - 2019 Up GTI

Offline DrivenToDistraction

• Not said much yet
« Reply #35 on: 21 April 2024, 09:39 »
Just caught up with this thread. Sounds like a bad experience all round, always annoying when you have a no-fault accident. The initial accident was just "one of those things" unfortunately, but the 'insurance approved body shop' clearly made it worse. Not the first time I have heard such stories of terrible communication and poor workmanship from approved body shops. I would always push for at least two approved centres, including the one used my the local main VW dealer. Then research both online if you have no info on them. Once you go insurance route, press for the one with the best reputation as it doesn't then matter to you whether the final bill is £3 or £4k. Glad you finally got it sorted anyway.