Author Topic: Ben's jazz blue GTI  (Read 5160 times)

Offline ben w

• Just got here
Ben's jazz blue GTI
« on: 05 October 2013, 21:42 »
I bought my GTI about 2 months ago after selling my Renault megane 225 cup. I loved that car but i wanted something cheaper to run so I could pay some debts off and i was always paranoid that something big was going to go wrong with it even though it never went wrong in the time i had it. Anyway I found the golf on Autotrader. it had been traded in at a vauxhall dealer. I went and had a look and bought it after a test drive. I ended up waiting about a month to pick it up as the previous owner had his private plate removed and he went on holiday before the new v5 came back. During this time the dealer machine polished the car and sorted some paintwork out aswell as giving it a service and mot. After i picked it up i discovered it already had a forge recirculating valve so that was one less thing to buy.

As soon as i got it i had the timing belt etc changed aswell as changing the spark plugs etc. I soon got bored of the standard headunit so bought a pioneer one. Ive also fitted some forge boost hoses and carbon wrapped all the wood effect interior although i dont have pics of these yet.

One day i got bored and headed over to revolution and ended up buying some new alloys. i bought these as i had never seen them on a mk4 before and they are different from the usual 3sdms.

Ive recently had my private plate put on after a 2 month wait getting the paperwork back from the DVLA. I already had some pressed plates off my megane so these went on with some plate holders from Awesome GTI.

I will take some more pics tomorrow as i plan on giving the car a clean if the weather is decent