Author Topic: Couple of questions??  (Read 1903 times)

Offline alex160

• I live here
Couple of questions??
« on: 25 November 2012, 20:20 »
Hey, just wondered if anyone had a link to a silicone pipe I'm after, goes from inlet manifold to the mad meter, it's for a 130 tdi engine.

Other thing is recently I've noticed my engine feels pretty flat until the 2k rpm mark then boots up really well, is this normal for a 130tdi? My previous 115pd model seemed more lively lower down in the rpm range or is this just because the 130 has a larger turbo ?

No fault codes showing up on car at the mo. I'm getting around 42mpg on combined journeys?? This sound about right? Thanks for your help.
2001 Golf GT TDi  150bhp/ 250 ftIb torque  *No smoke, No poke*
Jamex coilovers, 8k HID's, 18" RS6 alloys, Pipercross panel filter. Stage 1 Revo remap.THS FR3 engine mounts, Anniversary headlamps. GTI rear spoiler, Miltek largebore decat/downpipe, Pro-speed cat back exhaust system (V6 4mo style tailpipes) *SOLD*

2002 Golf GT TDi 130. Allard egr removal kit, 18" Audi rs6 alloy wheels. Mk5 rear aero wiper.gen R32 roof spoiler, JOM coilovers, JOM heavy duty adj droplinks

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
Re: Couple of questions??
« Reply #1 on: 25 November 2012, 20:30 »
Inlet manifold to the mad meter?! Are you mad?  :huh:

Inlet manifold to IC? You can buy one which is a direct fit, SFS make one.

As for picking up after 2k, your MAF maybe on the way out OR you are just not used to it. I know after 2k revs the 130 is very torque happy, thats when you hit boost really I think.

42mpg seems a bit low to me, check for boost leaks from all of your boost pipes.

Offline alex160

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 25 November 2012, 21:09 »
No I'm after the pipe which goes from the maf meter to what I thought was the inlet manifold, I know I have a very small boost leak from the top intercooler pipe join, but it's loosing about 0.6 bar, so think I will fit a new maf meter, thanks
Jamex coilovers, 8k HID's, 18" RS6 alloys, Pipercross panel filter. Stage 1 Revo remap.THS FR3 engine mounts, Anniversary headlamps. GTI rear spoiler, Miltek largebore decat/downpipe, Pro-speed cat back exhaust system (V6 4mo style tailpipes) *SOLD*

2002 Golf GT TDi 130. Allard egr removal kit, 18" Audi rs6 alloy wheels. Mk5 rear aero wiper.gen R32 roof spoiler, JOM coilovers, JOM heavy duty adj droplinks

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #3 on: 25 November 2012, 21:43 »
No I'm after the pipe which goes from the maf meter to what I thought was the inlet manifold, I know I have a very small boost leak from the top intercooler pipe join, but it's loosing about 0.6 bar, so think I will fit a new maf meter, thanks

The maf is on the TIP which leads to the turbo...0.6 bar is about 8psi, which is quite a lot in the scheme of things as a non mapped derv will boost maybe 20psi ish. Get it sorted and that will probably sort out your MPG.  :wink:

Offline Anthony

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 25 November 2012, 21:53 »
Sorry to hijack but how did you find out how much you was loosing ?
2003 GT Tdi 150

Offline alex160

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 25 November 2012, 21:56 »

Oh ok lol, know where I can source a silicone version of that pipe then?? Will order some new pipes up from vw then, hopefully help things, I had it rolling roaded a while back and was informed it was loosing abit of boost, I discovered the pipe had a poor connection due to those crappy clips they use.

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #6 on: 25 November 2012, 22:13 »
Which pipe you after? The TIP? The one going from MAF to the turbo...it shouldn't leak too much, it is one of those big metal clip things, rather than the circlips. Just stick a jubilee clip on it to secure it.

You can get silicone TIPs SFS make them up. Give em a google. If you buy direct quote UKMKIVS (another dub forum, if you aren't on it get on it) and you should get %25 discount I think  :wink:

Offline Golf_GT_TDI

• I live here
  • 2015 (65) Golf GTD, 2016 (66) Golf GTI
« Reply #7 on: 25 November 2012, 23:12 »
SFS do the complete TIP pipe or the small section from TIP to MAF as you mention

Offline EsSeX dAn

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 26 November 2012, 15:01 »
or what you can do as the sfs kit is quite pricey, is find out what sort of pipes youll want, (90 deg elbows, couplers etc) and custom it all yourseld. bit more agg but much cheaper
i think i love you.....