Author Topic: AcidicDavey's 96 Golf GTi Blue Colour Concept, GONE!  (Read 19808 times)

Offline AcidicDavey

• Here all the time
  • Not a VAG Owner.
Re: AcidicDavey's 96 Golf GTi Blue Colour Concept
« Reply #20 on: 30 July 2012, 15:17 »
I made a rather amusing discovery today. Since getting the car I've wanted to either change the wheels or at least the centre caps to VW spec. As it turns out, I have the the correct cap I need already lol!

In September I was a passenger in a mk4 Golf that crashed and we were all ok and I kept a centre cap as a souvenir and I found it today and as it turns out it's the same as what my car need!

They are actually the caps I have though (Same part number) but with the audi badge removed and big VW stickers on them! So no closer really other than I now know that they do make what I need, I just have to find them now!

The poor mk4 :(

The cap:

On the car:

Back to the Audi cap for now obviously and onto the hunt for some stick on badges!
95 Volvo 480 2.0 Celebration

Offline AcidicDavey

• Here all the time
  • Not a VAG Owner.
« Reply #21 on: 02 August 2012, 15:51 »
Right then, I got hold of some 120mm centre cap stickers but as they are just flat stickers on domed caps they're creased and look so stupid! I really need some new wheels anyway so they'll do for now.

My Vento bonnet came and to be honest it's a bit of a mess and has it's washer nozzle holes filled in so...I'll still fit it, just need headlights and grill now.

Also got hold of a sticker to cover a mark on the rear bumper, frankly it looks daft and will come off eventually.

And a random photo...

Offline AcidicDavey

• Here all the time
  • Not a VAG Owner.
« Reply #22 on: 08 August 2012, 18:46 »
Despite the decision to shift the car I'm still going to redo the headlining, I'm not sure what I'm going to recover it in but everything is going to be black. My black sun visors arrived yesterday and I'm just waiting on some grab handles to come now. I would like a black roof light unit but they are incredibly rare and command good money so I'll have to just paint the surround of my existing one for now, if anyone finds one in a 93-5 Corrado with a sunroof then please let me know!
You can see here where the headlining is sagging, doing this car will be great practice for the others :)

Still need to get a parcel shelf!

Got a cheap replacement tyre to replace this one, canvas is showing :(

Partly removed that silly sticker.

Would be perfect if ... was after rather than before!

When I get my grubby hands on some new wheels I'll remove the white stripe on the door mouldings and remove the stickerbomb!

P.S. Sorry the car's so dirty, loads of rain!

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #23 on: 08 August 2012, 19:05 »
Jesus, why on earth did you let that tyre get so bad!  :shocked:

Offline AcidicDavey

• Here all the time
  • Not a VAG Owner.
« Reply #24 on: 10 August 2012, 17:40 »

It was down on air, the rest of the tyre was fine  :huh:

Today has been a pain in the arse!

Firstly I went to the local breakers yard to get a clean parcel shelf, was told there were loads of MK3 out back! Spent about half an hour looking for one, turned out there was one right behind the garage!! It had a black shelf in it but was filthy, I thought it'd do. Went and asked how much they want for it, he said "£25 I sell them for." Me "How about a tenner?" "No way, £25! They're £120 new!" Me again "How about £15 then?" "I can't go lower than £25" he then said. "Ok then, I can get them off the internet for £20 delivered, so how about £20?" "No! £25 is the price, you'd have to pay delivery charges on that off the internet!" I said no, that £20 includes postage(Loads on ebay!) but he wasn't having any of it so I just put it down and left! I've always heard bad things about this place, a local rung them up asking for a radiator for a V70, "Yh, we've got a 97 V70 being broken up, just come on down!" Got there and it turned out the car had been in a front end impact! What a waste of flipping time!

After this utter pointless endeavour I went to get the part worn tyre I got the other day fitted. The fitters checked it over and it looked fine but when they put it on the wheel and tried to inflate it no luck. There are 2 splits in the outside wall rendering the tyre useless! I had to get a brand new cheap as chips tyre there and then as my existing tyre was down to the canvas.

Very annoying!! Complaints will be made!!

The new look ;)

Tried to edit them slightly but it's just showing the unedited ones (fixed!), plus I found a shelf on ebay for £10 plus £7p+p!

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #25 on: 11 August 2012, 13:29 »

Obviously need to check your tyres more frequently then...

Steer clear of part worns, you never know where they have been.

Offline AcidicDavey

• Here all the time
  • Not a VAG Owner.
« Reply #26 on: 11 August 2012, 18:54 »

Obviously need to check your tyres more frequently then...

Steer clear of part worns, you never know where they have been.

It lost air driving round town, slow puncture?

I got the part worn as I didn't want to buy expensive rubber as I intend to swap the wheels if funds allow which seems unlikely  :sad: Got a full refund on it now!
« Last Edit: 11 August 2012, 19:02 by AcidicDavey »

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #27 on: 12 August 2012, 00:48 »
Could have been a slow puncture. you'll never know now.  :grin:

Glad you got a refund, that tyre was bad.

Offline AcidicDavey

• Here all the time
  • Not a VAG Owner.
« Reply #28 on: 14 August 2012, 17:49 »
I see this has been moved out of the showroom to the lounge, fair enough, sorry if I started this in the wrong section.

Anyway, I went to pick up some wheels today in Malvern and on the way I pulled over for some shots as you do!

Got these 5 BBS wheels off a normal VR6 with 4 nearly new tyres for £32! Yes just £32! They could do with lick of paint which I'll do myself.

Got some suede door pulls and handles for £20, only managed the passenger side as I can't get the bloody driver's card off!!

Next, sanding them wheels down, fun!

Offline AcidicDavey

• Here all the time
  • Not a VAG Owner.
« Reply #29 on: 24 August 2012, 15:50 »
I've made a start at sanding them wheels down, not much progress yet so no pics, also put a Performance VW sticker over the scratch on the bonnet, again no pic as no point. Also bought some new arch trims to fit when the time's right.

Got some black grab handles from a Skoda VRs and a centre sun visor from an Audi TT all for the retrim!
Painted more of the headlining bits, went over the motor cover again and the sunroof switch in matte black. They came out surprisingly well me thinks  :smiley:

My Rear lights were poor! The N/S one had a crack in it and was letting water in and the other was snapped round the back! I got these mint CL ones for £12.99 delivered so I thought why not?  :undecided:

All for now!