Author Topic: jonrandom - Jon's TD05 16G  (Read 34859 times)

Offline jonrandom

• I live here
Re: jonrandom - Jon's TD05 16G
« Reply #20 on: 24 June 2012, 19:55 »
Not much to report still fixing parts so it can get mapped

Offline jonrandom

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 05 July 2012, 06:40 »
Got rear brake calipers back and am very happy with them.

Offline jonrandom

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 26 July 2012, 21:19 »
Ordered a red brembo paint kit for my rear calipers so they match the front and it came and have been painting them up tonight.

Calipers after bigg red recondition

The paint kit

Came with everything needed paint, hardener, paint brush, brake cleaner, gloves, mixing cup, the works.

First coat

waited 40 mins as per instructions and added the second coat.

Going to let it dry tonight and will add another tomorrow. Looks like a good match  :smiley:

Offline jonrandom

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 08 December 2012, 17:04 »
Well im sorry for the long absence people but I got to a stage where I truly hated this car and so so nearly split it up and sold it for parts! Have also been working loads starting a new business so just didnt have the time either.

But have started work on it again the last wk or so and am determined to finish her.

So a big day today after finishing the last few parts on the down pipe and exhaust off she went to the garage and passed the MOT.  :smiley:   She still made passing that difficult trust me!

There are still quite a few niggles to sort out before mapping but least I can drive it and break it in a bit while ill sort them out, at least it feels like I'm getting somewhere.

Am well pleased tho was f**king nice to drive her again after so long!!  :smiley: :smiley:

Well now im able to drive her all the enthusiasm has returned and got a few more plans.  :smiley:

So back in the work shop

Im going to break her in a bit so wont be going to Rtech until the new year, will give me time to sort out the last few bugs.

Did a couple of bits today, one part is secret will show pictures once its finished but the other bit I made a heat shield to protect the water hoses.

Took out the TIP

Got some stainless cut it and bent it round the exhaust manifold so it shields the gear linkages and coolant hoses.

Made some brackets and welded them on and have the finished shield

Fitted in place

Will put some heat reflective material on the inside, hopefully it wont get to hot but will keep a eye on it and see how it holds up.

Engine still needs a clean from when the hose came off the oil cooler. It was spectacular but oil went everywhere and havent got round to cleaning her up again yet.  :laugh:

Offline jonrandom

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 03 January 2013, 19:26 »
We I can defo tell I'm back on this project good a proper as I now have a empty bank account!  :evil: :smiley:

Done a few bits and pieces as well as fiddling around trying to eliminate the fault codes but am enjoying it again.

Did this anyways, got rid of the bonnet notch and smoothed the rear

Welded in ready for some filler.

And the rear, my boot never opened anyways so thought id smooth it off and fit a popper. Haven't fitted a popper yet but boot is smoothed off.

removed the handle and ground back ready to weld a plate in

the plate

Tacked in

Outside the work shop

End result

front

Bought lots of bits so there will b updates very soon!

Offline jonrandom

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 03 January 2013, 20:59 »
Cant help but think it needs a 4mo valance and twin pipes  :smiley:

Like how your doing it proper!

Thanks  :smiley:

Well I was going to keep this quiet until id fitted them but I'm worried I may not get on the Rtech rollers so not going to fit them until after it gets mapped so could be a while.  :smiley:

Late night drunken ebaying should be banned! Thought they were plastic was a shock when they turned up but they seem well made so thought f**k it going to fit them

Painted and waiting

My other half was well happy with the front room like this over xmas, she loved opening presents under the bumpers!  :grin:

Looking forward to fitting them, bring on mapping. Still got more bits hopefully arriving tomorrow!  :smiley:

Offline jonrandom

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 07 January 2013, 14:31 »
Cleaned the engine bay to give rid of most of the oil and repainted rocker cover, looks a bit better now.

Offline jonrandom

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 08 January 2013, 16:20 »
This arrived today a birthday present to myself!  :smiley:

And a newly painted Vr6 throttle body to hopefully fit to it.

Looking forward to fitting it  :evil:

Offline jonrandom

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 16 January 2013, 20:28 »
Just a small update

Ive done about 60 miles since the new rods and rings so was time to drop the sump clean it out and change oil and filter.

Lucky I could get the car in the workshop with all this freezing weather!

sump off

Crap in the oil, not good.

Fresh mineral break in oil and new filter good for the next 500 or so miles then will change it again

Offline jonrandom

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 27 January 2013, 11:25 »
This arrived  :laugh: :laugh:

Needs a bit of work but I knew that and am very happy with her. Will be going into storage until the wedding, otherwise there may not be a wedding! Need to finish the mk4 first.

Needs a bit of a clean.

This will be where the 20v ends up next year!