Author Topic: A bellends MK3 1.6 Golf. Mystic Blue 3door - Recaro's or BBS RX-II's?  (Read 70461 times)

Bellend

Re: A bellends MK3 1.6 Golf. Mystic Blue 3door
« Reply #10 on: 24 April 2010, 12:31 »
FECK ME!

Anyone care to guess how much a expansion tank flange is? Eighty-bleeding quid! :sick: You can buy the thermostat, thermostat housing and sensors/switches seperate but not the flange itself you have to buy the lot.  :rolleyes:

Bellend

Re: A bellends MK3 1.6 Golf. Mystic Blue 3door
« Reply #11 on: 24 April 2010, 19:53 »
I've decided this camera isn't very good. (Camcorder with photo option)

Left:Scabby old bolt Right:One of spent some time polishing. :)

All three done I just need to do a little more on the middle one and possibly go up to 1500 and I need to buy some metal polish to finish.

Well pleased with the result, took me AGES to do the rocker cover I couldn't stand a mishaped bit even though there is no way of seeing it when on. :grin:

The bolts (if anyone else wants to have a go) was a rub off with 80 on a sander then:

-Pillar drill at med. speed with 80grit on a block
-Pillar drill at fast  speed with 80grit on a block
-Pillar drill at med. speed with 400grit on a block
-Pillar drill at fast  speed with 400grit on a block
-Pillar drill at fast  speed with 800grit on a block
-Pillar drill at fastest speed with 1200 on a block

You want to remove the marks of the previous grit everytime until you have fully even round marks then go up. The paper was saturated and kept wet with a strong Fairly liquid and water mix.

Bellend

So I've got some late Recaro's but another member will swap for some RX-IIs.

Now I've got me a dilemma, which? The alloys are 15" and I wanted 16 but these are better then the steels. They've also got decent sized tyres on andam i rght in tihnking decent tyres and 15's are good for handling? (Would love to do a track day one day, I know I'll need new tyres after which)

Mind you I think the insurance company only likes up to three mods:

Wheels, suspension and Vento front.... (Classed as exterior aesthetic modifications).

Offline Matty-MK3

• I live here
  • Automatic boats FTW.
OOOOOOOR.....

Get it running first?
Golf MK3 1.8 auto and I didn't pay a grand for the "priveledge" :grin:, auto windows all round and a AC. Oh and I've got a luggage net you pricks!

Does that make my willy look bigger?

Oh yeah it's called Helda or something....

Bellend

:rolleyes:

Whatever happened to patience these days? Monday, read it and weap.  :evil: It will be running, I assure you. Video for the non believers?

Offline Matty-MK3

• I live here
  • Automatic boats FTW.
Golf MK3 1.8 auto and I didn't pay a grand for the "priveledge" :grin:, auto windows all round and a AC. Oh and I've got a luggage net you pricks!

Does that make my willy look bigger?

Oh yeah it's called Helda or something....

Offline shepgti

• I live here

Now I've got me a dilemma, which? The alloys are 15" and I wanted 16 but these are better then the steels. They've also got decent sized tyres on andam i rght in tihnking decent tyres and 15's are good for handling? (Would love to do a track day one day, I know I'll need new tyres after which)

Wheels, suspension and Vento front.... (Classed as exterior aesthetic modifications).

16's are better than 15's. its a 1.6 so has no speed and its a mk3 so has no handling so wouldnt bother with any sort of track day set up.

Offline christomk3gti

• I live here

16's are better than 15's. its a 1.6 so has no speed and its a mk3 so has no handling so wouldnt bother with any sort of track day set up.

Exactly where did you get this information from??

The mk3 if set up correctly will handle brilliantly.
Black 8v GTI............. Whats a Waffle Valve?

Bellend

16's better? For sure?

I'm not talking about serious track days I'm talking about when I have urges to drive fast. I'm not ragging the hell out of my car on a track either.

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
Urges to drive fast? Isn't that what track days are for? Leave public roads for what they are made for, driving.