Author Topic: toph's wagon - sold but not forgotten  (Read 19868 times)

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
toph's wagon - sold but not forgotten
« on: 04 August 2009, 20:26 »
Just so I don't get accused of being a mk4 elitist i'll stick it in this section  :grin:

picked this up 4 weeks ago.. this is how it arrived

Finally got the coilovers on today so took some more shots - this was literally as it was rolled out of the workshop, so it'll settle a bit. I'll give it a few days and bring it down a little more then get the tracking checked.

and a blurry one :grin: (still trying to figure out the camera on my new phone..)

The rears are on the highest setting and the fronts are about half way down.

Big thanks to Nick, Matt, Rob and Ben at R-Tech for use of the workshop to keep me dry while i scrambled about on the floor.. and for the help with the stubborn front shock  :laugh:
« Last Edit: 17 April 2012, 13:26 by topher »

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
Re: toph's wagon
« Reply #1 on: 04 August 2009, 20:30 »
looking good mate, :afro:

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #2 on: 04 August 2009, 20:32 »
tidy  :cool:

whats it go like now you've mapped it?

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #3 on: 04 August 2009, 20:35 »
It was pulling around 195bhp and 220lbft on the dyno.. we couldnt figure out why it was tailing off a little bit at top end. Today i realised the bumper grill was completely blocking flow to the intercooler :lipsrsealed: so i removed it for the drive home.. goes a lot better.

We had a sales rep turn up today selling a bit of kit to test for boost leaks, so we whacked it on mine and found a slight leak from one of the secondary air pump lines (smoke and ultraviolet light, nifty stuff!) which might also be contributing. So i'll remove all that at some point.. and either drill the bumper grill or bite the bullet and whack a FMIC on it.

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #4 on: 04 August 2009, 20:39 »
It was pulling around 195bhp and 220lbft on the dyno.. we couldnt figure out why it was tailing off a little bit at top end. Today i realised the bumper grill was completely blocking flow to the intercooler :lipsrsealed: so i removed it for the drive home.. goes a lot better.

We had a sales rep turn up today selling a bit of kit to test for boost leaks, so we whacked it on mine and found a slight leak from one of the secondary air pump lines (smoke and ultraviolet light, nifty stuff!) which might also be contributing. So i'll remove all that at some point.. and either drill the bumper grill or bite the bullet and whack a FMIC on it.

doh lol

hmm did you buy the boost leak kit?? could be useful as i think i'm leaking boost from somewehere  :undecided:

Is Nick's FMIC setup ready yet then or is he still testing it? 

Offline Little JT

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 04 August 2009, 20:43 »
looking very good pal coming a long fast.

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #6 on: 04 August 2009, 20:44 »
hmm did you buy the boost leak kit?? could be useful as i think i'm leaking boost from somewehere  :undecided:

I think the rtech fmic is next task, now that the new dyno software is up and running and pretty much calibrated spot on.. thanks to my super brainy inertia calculations :grin:

I won't be buying the leak tester.. Nick is thinking about it though :afro:

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #7 on: 04 August 2009, 20:45 »
do they do a " discrete " spoiler for an estate tailgate, just needs that " something " at the rear  :huh: :undecided:

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #8 on: 04 August 2009, 20:46 »
gonna attack the rear lights with some tinting spray.. since the only option for replacement ones is lexus style  :sick:

apart from that i haven't really thought about doing much to the rear

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #9 on: 04 August 2009, 20:47 »

I think the rtech fmic is next task, now that the new dyno software is up and running and pretty much calibrated spot on.. thanks to my super brainy inertia calculations :grin:

I won't be buying the leak tester.. Nick is thinking about it though :afro:

cool! Good work :afro:

hmmm i'll have to talk to Nick and try to convince him that he needs it  lol