Author Topic: jamie16v - 1.8T  (Read 25304 times)

jamie16v

Re: jamie16v - 1.8T
« Reply #30 on: 28 June 2013, 15:22 »
today`s doings.... :whistle: excuse the bad picture, its my trusty old iphone 3gs :drool:

I managed to flash a stock AGU file onto an AGN ecu, they are the same breed ecu :smiley:
this was a little experiment on a spare ecu i bought to have a play with. start off small and maybe one day i will be able to base map my own car with the right tools.
next toy on the list (after my new intercooler pipes) will be a wideband controller and guage kit. :smiley:
« Last Edit: 28 June 2013, 15:23 by jamie16v »

jamie16v

« Reply #31 on: 17 July 2013, 23:15 »
i`ve not been online now for a couple of weeks so i thought i would let you know what i have been up to.
ive noticed i have been getting boost spikes as i now i have a bigger turbo and my n75 is not mapped to control it. i set about getting a manual boost controller to control the boost and just leave the n75 connected electrically. this works great and set at about 17psi it just holds.
there is a downside though, as this is a bleed type valve, when off throttle, it bleeds and bypasses a small amount of air back to the manifold and causes high idle for a few seconds until the ecu corrects it.
so, i`m thinking of getting a ball and spring type valve and running it parallel with the N75 untill i can afford to take it for custom mapping.

another thing i experimented with was trying my vr6 maf and calibra injectors and these are the results.

Vr6 maf, calibra injectors, 3 bar fpr - no run
vr6 maf, stock injectors, 4 bar fpr - ran pretty smooth but no power
stock maf, calibra injectors, 3 bar fpr - no run

which ever combination with the calibra injectors i would get no start. i think the injectors are f**ked!
on a plus note, i have just gone and bought a set of saab red injectors so more power should be achieved.

jamie16v

« Reply #32 on: 27 September 2013, 11:43 »
another overdue update.
the postman came yesterday and popped something through the door..

I`m now on the lookout for a progressive controller and nitrous bottle  :wink:
nothing has really been done to the car since. :tongue:

jamie16v

« Reply #33 on: 29 September 2013, 20:34 »
today i made a nice little bracket to mount the solenoids to the inner wing where the charcoal evap canister used to live..
i`m hoping to make this a neat little install.
my bosch saab turbo reds and vr6 maf housing might be up for sale if i get all this running sweet. there wont be any need for them.. :grin:

jamie16v

« Reply #34 on: 11 October 2013, 19:52 »
o.k, so I managed to find a suitable bottle for holding nitrous oxide. an ex co2 fire extinguisher capable of holding around 15lb of nitrous all tested and legal and for the bargain price of £5.
So, I spent about 3 hours yesterday trying to get it polished.

As you can see, its far from finished, the finest grit I had was 120 so had to stop there for now.
next I will be looking for some braided line as a nitrous feed from the bottle to the solenoid, I would use nylon but the price for the "proper" stuff is disgusting so gonna look in pirtek tomorrow to price it up.

jamie16v

« Reply #35 on: 13 October 2013, 21:13 »
had another go tonight at polishing the nitrous bottle, I got loads of dust all over the kitchen and the missus aint very please. BUT, I think tonights efforts were worth it. not perfect but the best I think I could get it for now. I could have done with a bit more sanding in previous stages.
here are the results.