Author Topic: What detailing have you done today?  (Read 555645 times)

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
Re: What detailing have you done today?
« Reply #1360 on: 26 September 2017, 15:27 »
Has the detailing section moved?  Is this the new modding section?  No it's not. This way to the mk7 section.  🔽 :wink:

Rebecca how did you make that fancy wee signature with the pics ? i would like one too

Well now I'm gonna have to go off topic and tell myself off.  :grin:  Shut up, Watts!   :laugh:

I used a photo merge/photostitch app to just join pics together. Easy Merge it was but there are loads out there.   :smiley:

Super thanks chick.........no more off topic chat now i promise  :wink:

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1361 on: 26 September 2017, 17:12 »
Has the detailing section moved?  Is this the new modding section?  No it's not. This way to the mk7 section.  🔽 :wink:

Rebecca how did you make that fancy wee signature with the pics ? i would like one too

Well now I'm gonna have to go off topic and tell myself off.  :grin:  Shut up, Watts!   :laugh:

I used a photo merge/photostitch app to just join pics together. Easy Merge it was but there are loads out there.   :smiley:

Look forward to seeing the new sig Jeni.   :laugh:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #1362 on: 26 September 2017, 17:48 »

:lipsrsealed: :whistle:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1363 on: 26 September 2017, 18:11 »

:lipsrsealed: :whistle:

:grin:  :kiss:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline st332

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1364 on: 26 September 2017, 20:42 »
These pictures are a culmination of a few evenings detailing.

Got the car last Tuesday and did the following:
Snow Foam with Dodo Juice Apple iFoam
2-bucket wash with Dodo Juice Supernatural Shampoo
De-Tar with TarX
De-Iron with IronX
another 2-bucket wash with Dodo Juice Supernatural Shampoo
Primed the body with Lime Prime Lite
Waxed the body with Dodo Juice Purple Haze Pro

Had a bit more free time on Sunday Afternoon so gave it another snow foam and 2-bucket wash.
Removed each wheel and did another de-tar and de-iron on them, followed by a prime with Lime Prime Lite
Waxed the wheels and calipers with Dodo Juice Supernatural Hybrid Wax and dressed the tyres with Tyromania
Also gave the pipes a wax with the Supernatural Hybrid wax. Also gave the body another coat of Purple Haze Pro.

Ran out of light on Sunday, so continued on Monday evening with a glass clean using Dodo Juice Clearly Menthol, followed by a wax with Supernatural Hybrid wax on all glass except the windscreen.

Collected 20/09/17: Mk 7.5 GTI PP DSG 5dr Irish Spec
Extras: Dark Iron Blue Metallic, DCC, Alarm, Keyless, Park Assist, DAB Radio, Innovation Pack (Discover Media, High Beam Light Assist, Rear View Camera, Winter Pack)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1365 on: 26 September 2017, 21:48 »
These pictures are a culmination of a few evenings detailing.

Got the car last Tuesday and did the following:
Snow Foam with Dodo Juice Apple iFoam
2-bucket wash with Dodo Juice Supernatural Shampoo
De-Tar with TarX
De-Iron with IronX
another 2-bucket wash with Dodo Juice Supernatural Shampoo
Primed the body with Lime Prime Lite
Waxed the body with Dodo Juice Purple Haze Pro

Had a bit more free time on Sunday Afternoon so gave it another snow foam and 2-bucket wash.
Removed each wheel and did another de-tar and de-iron on them, followed by a prime with Lime Prime Lite
Waxed the wheels and calipers with Dodo Juice Supernatural Hybrid Wax and dressed the tyres with Tyromania
Also gave the pipes a wax with the Supernatural Hybrid wax. Also gave the body another coat of Purple Haze Pro.

Ran out of light on Sunday, so continued on Monday evening with a glass clean using Dodo Juice Clearly Menthol, followed by a wax with Supernatural Hybrid wax on all glass except the windscreen.

Looks fab! Some nice products there too.   :cool:

Shame pics aren't bigger. Are you using thumbnail links as opposed to full size pic links? 
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #1366 on: 26 September 2017, 21:59 »
Great job and the results to show for it! Did you do all that at the side of the road??

Hope you don't mind, full size images for all to enjoy, just use the full size code as Booth says below :smiley:

2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline st332

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1367 on: 26 September 2017, 22:22 »
Great job and the results to show for it! Did you do all that at the side of the road??

Hope you don't mind, full size images for all to enjoy, just use the full size code as Booth says below :smiley:

Thanks, saved me the job, still learning the ropes with image posting.

Borrowed the mothers driveway to do the work, didn't do it at the side of the road!
Collected 20/09/17: Mk 7.5 GTI PP DSG 5dr Irish Spec
Extras: Dark Iron Blue Metallic, DCC, Alarm, Keyless, Park Assist, DAB Radio, Innovation Pack (Discover Media, High Beam Light Assist, Rear View Camera, Winter Pack)

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
« Reply #1368 on: 27 September 2017, 10:45 »

Look forward to seeing the new sig Jeni.   :laugh:

i cant work it  :sad:

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1369 on: 27 September 2017, 11:54 »
^^

Can you elaborate Jeni? The app or getting a sig up?

If you want, PM me your pics you want to use and tell me in what order you want them and I'll do one for you tonight after work, and PM it to you.  :smiley:
« Last Edit: 27 September 2017, 11:56 by Booth11 »
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual