Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2831970 times)

Offline Walts

• Not said much yet
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #5750 on: 16 December 2016, 18:12 »
I'd happily read duplicate posts from Booth rather than those of someone labouring a point that simply didn't need to be made in the first place.

I've read many of Booths updates and too found them informative like many others have.  Not only that, as an active member I've gone direct to her for specific advice to which she's replied to promptly and without any negative tone to anything I've asked, nothing was too much trouble.

Have a nice Christmas Booth and the rest of you fine folks x

Offline Snooze

• I live here
« Reply #5751 on: 16 December 2016, 21:48 »
Car is dirtier than your Mum. Worst it's ever been in fact. Looking forward to washing her 2moz and being able to see where I'm going!
2015 Mk7 Golf Gti 3dr Manual, Carbon Steel Grey, Michelin PS4's

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #5752 on: 16 December 2016, 23:05 »
I was always taught if you've got nothing nice to say then don't say it!! I think a few people on here need to wind there neck in and leave people who positively contribute to the forum and are moderators alone. If you don't like a particular thread don't read it, quite simple really and no need for Booth to feel she can't post pics of her car without being castigated by a few in the minority.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #5753 on: 16 December 2016, 23:53 »
I was always taught if you've got nothing nice to say then don't say it!!

LOL. From the dude that called a bunch of us "a shower of pr1cks" or words to that effect a number of months ago. Pity that thread had to be deleted  :grin:

Agree with the sentiment. Post away Rebecca... always like seeing your contributions.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #5754 on: 17 December 2016, 00:14 »
My point was only meant to be about the unnecessary duplication of posts into different threads, that was all.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #5755 on: 17 December 2016, 00:21 »
To be fair, I see where Craig is coming from too... there's no real need to post the same thing across 3-4 threads... in fact many forums I frequent will give you a rap on the knuckles for doing so - it's seen as spamming or whatever.

So, imo, nothing wrong with the posts themselves (imo), but maybe the duplication could be reduced... usually a mod thing to sort out but as far as I can tell the mod(s) on here are on permanent holidays.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5756 on: 17 December 2016, 00:25 »

Sorry I forgot your R was special and merited it's own 43 pages (currently) of what you have done to it.  :whistle: :whistle:

Oh and don't forget the exact same post on the R forum

My point was only meant to be about the unnecessary duplication of posts into different threads, that was all.

On the subject of unnecessary, your comment (quoted in bold above) was a totally unnecessary way to make a point. 

TBH, Jimble can delete all 43 pages of R thread for all I care.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5757 on: 17 December 2016, 00:25 »
To those of you that took the time to post your positive thoughts - thank you.

Merry Christmas to you all.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #5758 on: 17 December 2016, 00:30 »
There's no need to be hasty Rebecca:) Sleep on it. It's not worth getting wound up over.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5759 on: 17 December 2016, 00:39 »
There's no need to be hasty Rebecca:) Sleep on it. It's not worth getting wound up over.

I'm not being hasty Joe, I won't be posting in that thread on here anymore. I will stick to the detailing section and mod that (not that it needs it).  CraigW says he was referring only to duplicate threads (I did not post in 4 threads!) but the tone of his comment about my R thread says otherwise.  I kept a specific thread going for my R as it's a good way of keeping a record of stuff, sharing it with other interested people, and can also be very helpful reference when it comes time to privately sell and it is something I wish I'd done with my mk6, but no matter, as was rightly and pettily pointed out I have the same info on the R forum. So if it is deleted from here then not an issue. As for this thread I don't think I have anything further to add.
« Last Edit: 17 December 2016, 00:43 by Booth11 »
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual