Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 322464 times)

Offline RikWebb

• Here all the time
  • Like tears in rain....
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #2100 on: 27 August 2013, 23:00 »
I think we need to start betting on who will actually go through with their cancelations!

I think we need to start betting who ends up in the nut house first??  :-X

One or two candidates methinks.....

Wibble !!  :tongue:

MK7.5 GTD DSG Isaac Blue 5Dr - 19" Santiago's / Nav Pro / Pano Roof / Keyless / Rear Camera / Mobile Wireless charger
Ordered 22/09/2017 - BW confirmed as 23/10/2017

Previous
MK7 GTD Ordered - May 16th 2013 - Tornado Red, Discover Pro Nav - Promised 16 week delivery - HA!
191 Days = 27 Weeks from order to delivery

Offline dirvy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2101 on: 28 August 2013, 07:36 »
In transit changed to 10 days this morning. Definitely three stages within in transit section

Offline allycat45

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2102 on: 29 August 2013, 12:54 »
Just had an (unprompted) email from my dealer telling me that he has had confirmation that the delay to my vehicle was down to the reversing camera and that VW are sending some leisure vouchers for inconvenience.

He didn't give me an estimated build or delivery week, so I replied and asked him if he could confirm week 37 / 8th September as the build week since that is what the tracker says ?

His reply was "Yes the car is still showing the same as you have down on the last email" which is a little ambiguous to my mind. I am presuming he means the email I sent him today asking about week 37. Maybe it's just his writing style, but I have had several emails from him which could be ambiguous in what they are telling you. No reason to doubt him though, as it has all proceeded according to the original estimate, albeit very long like most people.

OK, so 1-2 weeks to wait now before I move into the "when will my car be shipped, which ship is it on, why does i take so long to get from A to B to C" ? discussions that others are having now  :whistle:  :grin:
Arrived: GTI, DSG, 5 Door, Carbon Steel Grey, Service Plan, Winter Pack, Side Airbag, DCC (or ACC - the Adaptive Chassis thing, ok?), Park Assist, Rear View Camera

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #2103 on: 29 August 2013, 13:16 »
His reply was "Yes the car is still showing the same as you have down on the last email" which is a little ambiguous to my mind. I am presuming he means the email I sent him today asking about week 37. Maybe it's just his writing style, but I have had several emails from him which could be ambiguous in what they are telling you.

Virtually every email I've had from my dealer is like that.  No lie.  Even the simplest requests for confirmation of something end up being worded so you are left thinking "what the f**k?".  On a few occasions I've even send follow up emails.  One of these was of the form "did you mean x or did you mean y" to which the answer came back "yes". :rolleyes:

Offline dippy_x

• I live here
« Reply #2104 on: 29 August 2013, 20:25 »
Glad that's not just me then.  My conversation today was like drawing teeth at times.
On Order: 02/05/13
GTD: Carbon Grey, Winter Pack, Keyless, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera, Furry Dice
Collected: 06/11/13

Offline DougL

• Here all the time
« Reply #2105 on: 29 August 2013, 21:20 »
It's really not a wonder that VW dealers score badly. What is it with them. They seem completely disconnected from what their customers actually want, as is evidenced by their latest showings in the tabloid auto press surveys. We don't want arrogance, all we want is a little bit of attention, attentiveness and honesty. Seriously, it's not that hard. I like VW product, but to avoid the bullsh!t, I had to order via a broker. My servicing will all be through one of the few remaining service centres, MJ Warner in Herts and not one of the big boys. They can go f**k themselves.
Tornado Red GTI 3dr manual

Previous Golfs Mk1 GLS and GL, Mk2 GL and Driver, Mk3 GL, Mk4 GT TDI, Mk6 TDI (and a Mk2 Scirocco 20 years ago)

Offline Moro

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2106 on: 30 August 2013, 07:38 »
Happy days, I now have confirmed build week 39. This matches the first estimated build week I was given after the order was accepted, although I'm sure the dealer initially thought it would be week 36 when I placed the order in June. I hope it is built with all the extras I ordered including the camera!
GTi Reflex Silver 5 door DSG: Sat Nav Pro; Dynaudio; Panoramic Roof; ACC; Keyless; Winter Pack; Reversing Camera

Offline Croz13

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2107 on: 30 August 2013, 09:37 »
I have also been confirmed build week 39 today  :smiley:
Ordered 25th May, least I know its coming now  :laugh:
Golf GTI 3dr : Carbon Grey, AAC, PP, Keyless, Dynaudio, Winter Pack & Rear view cam.

Offline Blades72

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2108 on: 30 August 2013, 13:56 »
Confirmed build wk35 but still showing as build week confirmed. If it doesn't change by tomorrow it's not looking good. Looking at build wk33's who were pushed back by 2 weeks it looks like I'm in the same boat with mine. VW proberly think that "he's waited this long another few weeks can't do any harm". The wait continues (currently at 18 weeks).
Gone :Mk7 GTI with Performance Pack, Pure White, Dynaudio & Extended Warranty.
Arrived: Mk7.5 PP DSG Tungsten Silver

Offline GTIEcosse

• Just got here
« Reply #2109 on: 30 August 2013, 14:09 »
Confirmed build wk35 but still showing as build week confirmed. If it doesn't change by tomorrow it's not looking good. Looking at build wk33's who were pushed back by 2 weeks it looks like I'm in the same boat with mine. VW proberly think that "he's waited this long another few weeks can't do any harm". The wait continues (currently at 18 weeks).

Me too, confirmed BW 35, still reading "Your order has been confirmed for production week commencing 25/08/2013 ".

Dealer of course can offer no more than a shrug! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Golf GTI Mk7; Flat Black, PP, ACC and Winter Pack. Confirmed Build Week: 35