Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 322483 times)

Offline JellyB

• GTI forum regular
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #2060 on: 23 August 2013, 19:16 »
I had a call from my dealer this afternoon. She couldn't understand why I sounded surprised. Anyway, there was a short update that she didn't have any further firm information yet.

Which was actually fine, as I hadn't expected anything until next month anyway, and my initial thought was that she was ringing to see how long I could keep hold of my current car for ;)

Anyhoo, out of interest I re-read my t&c of sale and it would appear that I cannot cancel until 42 days after the estimated delivery date (in Nov) so basically until January. And no mention of a substitute car or anything either.

Not that I want to cancel or anything, I am too far away to think about that. But I am concerned about the experience a lot of the people who ordered early are having with delays and broken promises of communication.

Offline mac7

• I live here
« Reply #2061 on: 23 August 2013, 19:28 »
Thanks to those who've responded. So if I reckon on around 20 week/5 months lead time I shouldn't be disappointed.
Golf R

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2062 on: 23 August 2013, 22:34 »
Bill: Previous experience with VW UK has been poor. They were supposed to mediate when Benfield royally f**ked up on a repair of my MK5 Golf (2 weeks old) after it got clattered by a bus. Picking your car up in the pitch black and rain is lashing down is not to be recommended. Theft/loss of items from the car, 7 weeks to do a 2 week job, metal shards in the car, oily handprints all over the headlining, an unsafe brake fault (they refused to pick the car up - made me drive it in that condition to get back for remedial work the next day). Obviously I contacted VW UK to make the strongest complaint, VW UK's response was to force them to offer a "free valet" at a time of my choosing in the future.

A free valet? What confidence would I have in those monkeys doing a good job of it after they left oily handprints on the headlining and metal shards all over my interior? They never pushed for replacement of the items that went missing for my car either.

The VW UK representative insisted that I HAD to accept the valet offer so that they could close out the case as customer satisfied with outcome. I said absolutely not, and that I neither want nor need their derisory offer of a free valet. The VW UK rep said they were going to close it out as me satisfied anyway. I reported her to VW Germany as well as conveying how disappointed I was how it was handled and asked what qualifications allowed Benfield to be an approved repairer as they were completely incompetent with not only my car, but about 6 others that I traded stories with who were also in for remedial work.

VW UK are a joke - they care only about the targets they are set, the customer definitely comes second to pursuit of those targets.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #2063 on: 23 August 2013, 22:44 »
Why have you stayed with VW MH?!  :grin:  that's a shocking story, wtf is wrong with VW?!
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2064 on: 23 August 2013, 22:53 »
Why have you stayed with VW MH?!  :grin:  that's a shocking story, wtf is wrong with VW?!

I like their cars, and I like the running costs (attributed to their high residuals). I like Audis just as much, but they're the sam ecompany with less equipment for the same or more money. I limit optional extras in principle (ppor value for money as they don't hold any real value), which kind of rules out Audi's version of the VW.

I always hope that I won't have any reason to contact VW UK in the future as they are sh!te.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #2065 on: 23 August 2013, 23:03 »
Yes it does seem like the cars are good, the dealers aren't bad... but somewhere between Germany and VWUK there is a distinct lack of understanding about customer service, or a lack of caring.

I think VWUK have some unbelievably awful procedures dictating how the handle dissatisfied customers.  There isn't much they could do worse if they tried in all honesty.  And I think VW Germany is providing diddly squat info to VWUK, another procedure that needs fixing.

Its not even like the above are hard to fix!  I bet if they'd handled it right we could have had the exact same delays occurring and yet we'd all be singing their praises for looking after us and it would require only a change of attitude and maybe... maybe a small additional expense.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2066 on: 24 August 2013, 10:45 »
Hmm...Can I be arsed to see what the gen is at my local Audi dealership today? What are the odds of an A3 184 TDI well on it's way to being built for general unallocated stock? Might go just to see that S-line interior.

Offline redgolfgtd

• Not said much yet
  • Golf GTD VII Tornado Red
« Reply #2067 on: 25 August 2013, 16:48 »
Hmm...Can I be arsed to see what the gen is at my local Audi dealership today? What are the odds of an A3 184 TDI well on it's way to being built for general unallocated stock? Might go just to see that S-line interior.
...................... I wouldn't bother was having my works A3 serviced last week spoke to the salesgirl I know there as I've bought a few cars off them was telling her about the delays on Golfs she said even if I ordered today I wouldn't see an A3 in any guise until end of January at the very earliest and probably later

Offline pauliem

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2068 on: 25 August 2013, 18:21 »
Just as I was thinking of cancelling my order, it has finally gone into build.  I guess it will be late September before I receive it, status only changed today, I think.  :grin:

Offline RikWebb

• Here all the time
  • Like tears in rain....
« Reply #2069 on: 25 August 2013, 18:38 »
Just as I was thinking of cancelling my order, it has finally gone into build.  I guess it will be late September before I receive it, status only changed today, I think.  :grin:

Good News mate :)

Hopefully mine will change soon  :rolleyes:
MK7.5 GTD DSG Isaac Blue 5Dr - 19" Santiago's / Nav Pro / Pano Roof / Keyless / Rear Camera / Mobile Wireless charger
Ordered 22/09/2017 - BW confirmed as 23/10/2017

Previous
MK7 GTD Ordered - May 16th 2013 - Tornado Red, Discover Pro Nav - Promised 16 week delivery - HA!
191 Days = 27 Weeks from order to delivery