Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 322567 times)

Offline matchboy

• I live here
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #2020 on: 22 August 2013, 15:47 »
Bl0ody hell, you have been screwed over haven't you.  Maybe I should stop complaining after reading that!  :laugh:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Ricepop

« Reply #2021 on: 22 August 2013, 15:53 »
I think that they are trying to drop a couple of orders by pushing them back. I was told unconfirmed BW38 then got pushed right to the back of the queue, I'm on holiday at the moment  trying to relax but next week I will be giving VW both barrels

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #2022 on: 22 August 2013, 15:58 »
I think that they are trying to drop a couple of orders by pushing them back. I was told unconfirmed BW38 then got pushed right to the back of the queue, I'm on holiday at the moment  trying to relax but next week I will be giving VW both barrels

I don't blame you.  A week delay is one thing, but moving from BW38 to BW51 is one of the biggest p!sstakes I've heard in a long time.
Audi RS5 2018
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Ricepop

« Reply #2023 on: 22 August 2013, 16:05 »

I don't blame you.  A week delay is one thing, but moving from BW38 to BW51 is one of the biggest p!sstakes I've heard in a long time.

I agree, I have ordered a GTD, I'm thinking of switching to a GTI to see if it will arrive any quicker, it certainly can't be longer, BW 51 means I wont get the car until around late January.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #2024 on: 22 August 2013, 16:22 »
I agree, I have ordered a GTD, I'm thinking of switching to a GTI to see if it will arrive any quicker, it certainly can't be longer, BW 51 means I wont get the car until around late January.

Go on, switch anyway  :evil:
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline peterdoherty

• Here all the time
« Reply #2025 on: 22 August 2013, 16:28 »
My GTD has had an unconfirmed BW of 38 since I last checked over a month ago - dealer has never given me a BW (unconfirmed) even though I've asked a couple of time - had to call VW.

If I don't get an update on the tracker over the weekend I'll have to give them a call on Monday to see if its a wk51 now (38's should in theory change this weekend if my maths is right and not taking into consideration the latest balls up with the wk32/33'ers)

I'm thinking I'll be back to wk51 - if so I'm fuming.

Would also change to a GTI if it meant I would get it sooner.

Ordered mid-May so not as bad as others!

MKVII GTD DSG Carbon Grey 5DR, Dynaudio, Keyless Entry, Rear View Camera, Colour MFD, Park Assist, Winter Pack, Climate Screen, Advanced Phone Kit, High Beam Assist

Ricepop

« Reply #2026 on: 22 August 2013, 16:42 »
My GTD has had an unconfirmed BW of 38 since I last checked over a month ago - dealer has never given me a BW (unconfirmed) even though I've asked a couple of time - had to call VW.

If I don't get an update on the tracker over the weekend I'll have to give them a call on Monday to see if its a wk51 now (38's should in theory change this weekend if my maths is right and not taking into consideration the latest balls up with the wk32/33'ers)

I'm thinking I'll be back to wk51 - if so I'm fuming.

Would also change to a GTI if it meant I would get it sooner.

Ordered mid-May so not as bad as others!

I will be interested to hear what happens, the ordering system seems to be ridiculous, I know people who ordered their car after me but have it already whereas I still have to wait another 5 months

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #2027 on: 22 August 2013, 17:23 »
the factory shutdown (that's planned, what's the issue??)

Exactly.  This has been their go to excuse in the last 2 conversations I've had.  "Factory shutdown caused delays".  How exactly is this possible when it was a scheduled shutdown?  Did you plan to build stuff while the plant was inoperative?  Its a lie, or it shows how little VWCS know about ... well anything.  Or they're just citing any excuse they can think of.

Wish I'd got a BMW.....  :angry:

I've had it and I'm cancelling.  Just need to decide which BMW deal to take and then call VW to get my deposit returned.  BMW say they can modify an existing M135i order and hope to have my in the car by end of September (as it will improve quarterly figures) but even if that plan fails I'll drive away by mid October.  VW are talking mid October as what I see as their best highly optimistic guess! (and that is after already more than 4 months of waiting as you all know).

The GTI dream is over but I don't think I'll regret it in the least! :angry:

Offline Gung-Ho

• Here all the time
« Reply #2028 on: 22 August 2013, 17:31 »
Mate! I don't blame you... I would have jumped ship weeks ago. Take the BMW deal, this VW fiasco is not worth losing sleep over.

Like I've said in previous threads the BMW was my first choice, but it was only when I was screwed over by the dealer I switched to the Golf instead. Both are equally good and I would be equally happy owning either.
Current Toys: Mk7 Golf R 5dr 'Manual', Lapiz Blue, 18" Cadiz Alloys... Caterham R300 Superlight... new Mazda MX5 2.0 SE-L (ND)

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #2029 on: 22 August 2013, 17:38 »
I don't blame you either Bear. I know a lot don't like its looks but I think the M135i looks the nuts. And if its the same price and you can get it earlier then I agree with your decision. They keep telling you BW37 but its clear that the factory is running at least 2 weeks late and therefore you're looking at BW39 if you're lucky.

VW have screwed this up royally.
Audi RS5 2018